Job ID: 479143
Oldcastle Infrastructure™, a CRH company, is the leading provider of utility infrastructure solutions for the water, energy, and communications markets throughout North America. We're more than just a manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, or plastic products. We're a trusted and strategic partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. With our network of more than 80 manufacturing facilities and more than 4,000 employees, we're leading the industry with innovation and a safety-first mindset.
Oldcastle Infrastructure is seeking a Sales Engineer to support our growing Texas market. Serving as a field technical expert for our Stormwater product line, this role will work closely with civil engineers, municipalities, land developers and governmental agencies, providing expertise with a focus on generating specifications and leads for our sales organization to drive revenue growth for Oldcastle Infrastructure. The person in this role will also work closely with outside sales and estimating groups to help with stormwater product quotes and value engineering proposals.
Competencies Required for Success in the Role
- Focused growth in treatment and green infrastructure as well as detention solution markets
- Actively target appropriate regulatory approvals and work with Regulatory Management team
- Case study management
- Industry influence through targeted speaking engagements
- Acting local technical resource
- Generate quality specifications and sales leads to grow revenue
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining our products to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess product needs and to determine system requirements
- Perform detailed analysis and specification development for potential customers
- Read and interpret shop/engineering drawings and plans to recommend solutions
- Recommend improved products or solutions to customers, showing how changes will lower lifecycle cost
- Manage project pipeline using CRM (Salesforce is current program used by Oldcastle Infrastructure)
- Continuously improve technical expertise and knowledge of Oldcastle Stormwater products, competitive products and civil infrastructure trends
- Stormwater products consist of catchment, conveyance, treatment and storage
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key accounts
- Perform market research and stay current on industry trends
- Build strong relationships and maintain communication with key internal sales partners within Oldcastle Infrastructure
- Coordinate activities and collaborate closely with local Oldcastle Sales team(s) to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Attend local Engineering Association functions and applicable trade shows
- Assist in identifying and researching new products, as needed
- Analytical Thinking
- Influence and Persuasion
- Information Seeking
- Relationship Building
- Business Acumen
- Learning Agility
- Planning and Priority Setting
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of technical sales experience
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and CRM systems
- Must have a valid Driver's license
- 25-50% travel within the region
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Mar 16, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, CRM, Civil Engineer, Sales, Engineering, Technology