Manages individual contributor sales account managers or may manage the organization's relationship with independent representatives (non-employees), distributors, or agents; may also may carry a sales quota.
Job Level Specifications:
- Strategizes, develops, implements, and monitors business goals, operating plans and budgets for top line sales, gross profit growth, and long term growth.
- Implements processes and procedures which facilitate organizational growth and profit objectives.
- Monitors sales levels for assigned region and targets areas for improvement.
- Prepares and monitors annual sales forecast to facilitate achievement of sales goals including Profit and Loss (P&L) reviews.
- Reviews business plans and Year to Date (YTD) performance with management.
- Provides coaching to team members and may make sales calls jointly to ensure optimum customer relationships.
- Provides leadership and management direction to assigned territory and sales support staff to include hiring, managing employee performance, training, and salary administration.
- Creates demand for products and services by applying technical market/product expertise to technology recommendations that position the company as the distributor of choice to customers and suppliers.
- Communicate value-added capabilities and services to customers.
- Establishes and coordinates weekly meetings for opportunity, registration and design reviews including quarterly business reviews with sales management.
- Maintains current knowledge of products, competitors, technology and customers in assigned product family.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manages experienced, professional employees and/or supervisors; and/or manages large, complex technical and/or business support teams. Accountable for the performance and results of a team and/or department.
- Interprets and administers policies, processes and procedures that affect direct reports and the workflow of the team/department. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Contributes to budget development and performance standards of department and direct reports.
- Assignments are defined in the form of objectives. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, business plans and independent judgment.
- Collaborates with team(s), customers/ clients, functional peer group managers and occasionally senior management. Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives.
- Decisions may have impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in serious delays and considerable expenditures of additional time, people and/or financial resources.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically 6+ years including 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of the time to customer sites or attend training including some overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
This job has expired.