Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test, and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts, and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings, and more.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope's vision is to be the leading supplier of its kind in the world. And we are implementing SAP to capture efficiencies like never before. That's where our technology professionals come in. The SAP implementation team will create a real competitive advantage based on what's possible, not on the way we have always done it. They will help us improve the customer experience, improve decision-making, and increase revenue. You can be at the forefront of the future of OBE.
This role can be based anywhere in the United States. If you're an SAP implementation professional with a keen eye for the big picture, come join this industry leader!
The SAP Variant Configuration (VC) Programmer/Modeler is responsible for executing the activities associated with the detailed analysis, design, construction, and maintenance of the Variant Configurator and Solution Sales Configurator (SSC) models for the aluminum glazing systems and product lines within the Global SAP implementation at Oldcastle Building Envelope. These activities include designing and maintaining SAP VC and SSC classification hierarchies, object dependencies, variant tables, material masters, bills of material, routings, and variant conditions for pricing and purchasing within the SAP system for the sale and production of complex aluminum storefront, curtain wall, door, window, and other aluminum glazing system products. Post implementation this position will continue maintaining the models, updating the configurations with new product specific options, and creating new product and system models as required. This position reports to the Variant Configuration and Modeling Manager.
- Create, modify, and maintain characteristics, classes, classification hierarchies, configurable materials, configuration profiles, maximal bills of material, super routings, object dependencies (constraints, rules, selection conditions, procedures), variant tables, variant functions, variant pricing, material variants, material variant and sales order costing.
- Perform functional and integration testing of VC and SSC models.
- Partner with product development, engineering, marketing, sales, production, and procurement personnel, to ensure that all product and system configuration requirements are addressed.
- Assist in the development and validation of documentation and training materials as required for new product and system models being released for the VC and SSC.
- Collaborate with Enterprise IT team members, SAP platform resources, ad third-party solution vendors, to ensure the continued reliability and scalability of the VC and SSC technical platforms.
- Ensure efficiency and quality for all VC and SSC related functions within the SAP system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Abilities
- 5+ years' experience in SAP VC or SSC modeling, or similar configuration modeling with aluminum glazing systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering
What OBE Offers You
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and relational database design practices.
- Deliver complex projects in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex technical issues.
- Analytical mindset and comfortable working with data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to hit tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Understand, validate, and rationalize business needs within the manufacturing operations environment.
- Maintain a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues to effectively contribute to the group's achievement of goals.
- Help foster a positive work environment.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
SAP, ERP, Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, Programmer, Technology, Engineering