Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Scientific Director, Biotherapeutics Cell & Gene Therapy Services is a scientific leadership position, responsible for providing guidance for establishing and growing the CGT platform, and alignment between our customer base, the industry at large, commercial teams and service operations. This role will be collaborative and influential in a broad network of business functions in support of driving business growth, brand recognition, and alignment with Eurofins core competencies of delivering high quality services to our valued customers. The successful candidate will:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Spend time in the lab to define, develop and/or expand the CGT platform in BTX
- Develop client and stakeholder relationships through technical leadership and collaboration
- Deliver scientific leadership to executive management in developing portfolio strategy, new growth areas and new technology planning
- Lead scientific community through external marketing, industry reputation and brand awareness
- Provide leadership in establishing and monitoring unit research and development objectives and commercial lifecycle management
- Provide technical leadership to lab operations, business development and marketing team
- Support client services team in generating proposals, RFPs, study plans and scope of work preparation. Assists pricing team incompleting custom pricing and cost analysis
- Acts as Study Director for specific projects to ensure timely delivery of project updates, data and reports to clients
- Understand requirements for work performed within a GxP site in order to work with other organizations within the Eurofins family
- Complete required training and support 100% of Employee Health and Safety requirements
- Conduct responsible use of confidential IT and business systems, as required
- Adhere to department SOP and documentation requirements
- Ensure accurate data management and reporting, with the highest integrity, and perform quality control, when required, on project data and reports
- Support unit goals and demonstrate Eurofins' competencies, as defined in the job plan
- Provide training to colleagues and external end users, when required
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with Cell and Gene Therapy approaches, expertise and technology.
- Demonstrated experience with developing client/external relationships, supporting technical correspondence, drafting and presenting scientific proposals to clients or collaborators
- Senior-level technical experience and knowledge in supporting CGT research in drug discovery programs, from concept to IND submission life cycle
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams (research, regulatory, pharmacology, safety) to guide growth and advancement of the platform from concept to clinical candidacy
- Demonstrated reputation as a key opinion provider and industry influencer via publications, networking and presentation experience
- Experience leading and managing internal scientific teams and directing /influencing external resources
- Proven experience with portfolio management, portfolio expansion and research/development in an industry setting
- M.A. or M.S. with 12 years relevant experience
- Ph.D. with 10 years relevant experience
- Combination of Education and Relevant Experience
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with different stakeholders with an interest in CGT, including Business Development, Client Services and internal contributors
- Experience with leading cross-functional teams effectively
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and managing portfolio growth initiatives
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of St. Charles, MO are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays