Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Universal Cells, an affiliate of Astellas located in Seattle, WA, is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells to produce cells that avoid rejection and can be used in allogeneic cell therapy treatments to treat all patients that need them.
OUR GOAL - ONE CELL FOR EVERYONE
NO IMMUNE SUPPRESSION. NO DONOR MATCHING. NO REJECTION.
We are a dynamic team of research and scientific professionals who are passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Scientist II, Immunology opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
This Scientist II, Immunology is a laboratory-focused role with the primary purpose of providing scientific expertise towards gene editing in pluripotent stem cells and other immune cells to support development of cell therapies, implement appropriate in vitro assays, and characterize immune cell phenotypes. This role will have emphasis on different T-cell subsets and various antigen presenting cell populations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Develops strategy, designs, and executes experiments for gene editing of pluripotent stem cells and other immune cells
* Work on a team in a lab-based role to support the development and implementation of in vitro assays to characterize the biology and function of T cells and antigen presenting cells.
* Ability to troubleshoot experiments and propose next steps to achieve project goals.
* Applies scientific rigor to all aspects of the job, including experimental design, analysis, and interpretation.
* Appropriately document and record experiments and data in an ELN.
* Prepares technical reports, experimental summaries, and writes protocols/SOPs to support product development.
* Regularly presents findings at group meetings.
* Collaborates with colleagues across Universal Cells and other Astellas sites.
* Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
* The Scientist II is a key position towards achieving scientific goals related to focus area product development.
* Potential to generate IP
* Reports to Director of Research.
* Closely collaborates with colleagues within Research & Development at Universal Cells and other Astellas sites.
* PhD. in Biology, Immunology, or a related field, with an additional 3+ years of relevant post-graduate experience.
* MS with 7+ years or BS with 10+ years of relevant experience
* In-depth knowledge and experience with gene editing, as demonstrated by strong publication or patent record.
* Strong molecular biology skills (e.g. PCR, cloning, etc.)
* Proficiency with mammalian cell culture
* Expertise with in vitro immunological assays, including strong background in flow cytometry.
* Demonstrated ability to move a project forward and work both independently and in team settings.
* Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong work ethic with a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment.
* Prior industry experience.
* Experience with human pluripotent stem cells and/or primary immune cells
* Experience with autoimmune disease models.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Bedminster, New Jersey
Posted about 7 hours ago