Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, MRP (Materials Requirement Plan) to join our team! This is located at Fort Madison, Iowa and the candidate will sit at the Fort Madison Manufacturing plant.
As the Senior Analyst, Material Requirement Planning you will develop, align and document strategies to optimize packaging, active ingredient, and/or raw material component ordering and associated inventory management strategies. These strategies will drive improvements in service, cash, cost and time through Network Loss Analysis.
You will also be accountable for partnering with the MRP project lead to ensure that all raw material requirements and planning parameters, across multiple sites, are accurate and planned via SAP MRP. This position will ensure supplier inventories & production schedules are optimized in a manner that supports cash, cost and service metrics.
What you'll do in this role:
- Develop and implement system driven SAP Material Requirements Planning solution. This includes implementation of order optimization, transition planning, statistical safety stock modeling and incorporation of supplier inventory & production schedules.
- As the category expert on Supplier Managed & Owned Inventory (SMOI), this position will own effective utilization of the supplier's capacity, component level master plans & inventory strategy (including pre-build). This position is accountable for assessing a supplier's Capacity vs. Demand profile and will act as SMG's single point of contact for prioritizing requirements across the supplier.
- Develop and communicate component-level inventory management improvement initiatives, strategies, and budget.
- Identify and manage timely disposition excess and obsolete inventory, blocked stock, and slow moving inventory. Ensure component material status is categorized & managed for appropriate life cycle management in SAP.
- Owns the development for ideal processes supporting the flow of materials and products to and from SMG's manufacturing sites.
- Escalate issues proactively identified to ensure no business interruption.
- Allocate inventory effectively across stocking locations to ensure reduction of wasted moves & in-bound freight optimization (Right Material, Right Place, Right Time).
- Works closely with site Scheduling/Sequencing team to ensure that MRP supports Frozen Planning Horizon initiatives.
- Partner with Procurement to execute sourcing strategies and supplier awards; be an active participant in all Supplier Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Establish appropriate minimum order quantities and pre-build plans to establish appropriate levels of inventory
- Complete all applicable workflows
- Identify and manage E&O
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain Management
- 4+ years of inventory management, material requirement planning, or procurement experience
- Experience using SAP, JDA, or similar systems.
- Experience utilizing Material Requirements Planning tools (SAP desired)
- APICS certification a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work closely with external suppliers
- Experience in leading projects with cross-functional work groups
- Some travel required as needed to support projects and initiatives (< 10%)
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.