Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Sr. Buyer/Planner performs complex functions associated with procurement of parts, materials, and services in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Analyze production requirements and place purchase orders in a timely manner to ensure material availability
2. Manage materials planning and timely work order release to production
3. Manage inventories (raw, MRB, excess, and obsolete) to prevent shortages as well as meet production demands
4. Seek and develop reliable, cost effective sources of parts and materials
5. Manage vendors by researching vendor qualifications and score cards
6. Negotiate with suppliers to reduce costs, establish appropriate terms, and improve quality
7. Control inventories and ensure timely flow of materials
8. Develop thorough working knowledge of assigned commodities and associated supplier base
9. Establish and maintain effective relationships with suppliers
10. Manage Inventory adjustments and transfer orders
11. Work with the accounting department to resolve invoice issues
12. Manage cycle counts and physical inventory
13. Performs additional duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree of science in business or a related field
• At least 5 years previous work experience in a similar position required
• Previous experience with buying, planning and production control
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• All Orders by Number Cruncher
• Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox
• Must be willing and able to learn other software programs as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
1. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and negotiating abilities
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills
3. Strong business planning and organizational abilities
4. Strong sense of professionalism when working with co-workers and suppliers
5. Knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations (cGMP) and International Standards (ISO) pertaining to medical devices
6. Ability to meet and exceed goals
7. Must be able and willing to adhere to corporation personnel policies and practices, including attendance and punctuality requirements
Certificate and Licenses
• Must maintain a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
• APICS certification preferred but not required
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!