Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you'd fit in great with us!
We are looking for a Senior Category Planner - Nutrients to work remotely supporting the Hawthorne Planning team. The Senior Planner is responsible for developing and implementing business strategies that maximize sales, profit, turn and service to customers. This role reports into the Manager of Planning.
Everyday you will:
• Develop business area strategy in partnership with Category, Finance, Distribution, Manufacturing, Sales and Vendor Partners
• Create and update sku level sales and inventory forecasts based on market trends, insights from cross-functional partners and forecast models
• Financial planning to include managing assortment productivity, sales and inventory KPIs relating to monthly S&OP process and seasonal budget review
• Training and Development of internal partners/new team members
• Manage purchasing and production forecast to ensure it aligns to the open to buy
• Provide standardized reporting and ad hoc analysis to support strategic business decisions
• Participation in projects to support company growth/process improvement
• Weekly communication with cross-functional team on risks, opportunities and identification of recommended solution
To thrive in this role you must:
• Possess passion and curiosity
• Be a self-starter and be comfortable operating when the path has not been clearly defined
• Have a bias for action while being comfortable challenging the status quo
• Provide flawless execution
• Experience in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities
• The ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of cross-functional partners
• Advanced understanding of forecasting and financial metrics and their impact on profitability
• Analyze and manipulate data within Excel and Tableau to provide ad hoc analysis and recommendations
What makes this role unique from others:
• Entrepreneurial spirit, you'll have the ability to define processes and procedures, utilizing the state of the art, newly implemented Kinaxis Supply Chain Planning software
• Work for the leading company in the Hydroponic Gardening space
• Extremely collaborative work environment with the opportunity to develop knowledge and partnerships across a broad product portfolio and vendor base
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!