From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
In November 2021, CBRE acquired controlling ownership interest in Turner & Townsend forming a strategic partnership between the firms. Effective January 1, 2023, CBRE Heery, formerly operating under CBRE, will now operate as a subsidiary of Turner & Townsend Inc. CBRE Heery will continue under the legal entity name "CBRE Heery" until such time that a formal name change to "Turner & Townsend Heery" is made.
CBRE Heery are seeking an experienced Senior Construction Inspector/Assistant Construction Manager to work alongside one of our key technology clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, experience working in the construction industry and be able to take the initiative to drive activities with limited supervision.
- Monitor and inspect the work of contractors to ensure proper construction methods are utilized.
- Review plans, specifications, submittals, drawings, change orders, and requests for information for requirements of the construction contract to be applied in the field.
- Prepare and maintain documentation including inspection logs, daily reports, force accounts, materials testing, and other construction records.
- Draft Construction Weekly Progress Reports (CWPR) for review and distribution by the Project Manager.
- Prepare and maintain digital photographic documentation of assigned projects.
- Take or verify field measurements/quantities for contract payments.
- Coordinate and communicate construction activities between contractors, tenants, other departments, and the general public.
- Participate or lead coordination discussions between survey team and contractors.
- Identify construction issues and problems and recommend potential solutions.
- Participate in the review of initial project designs before plans are finalized and put out for bid.
- Assist with bid quantity take-offs.
- Update design plans/drawings based on changes that occur during actual construction, document reasons for change and ensure drawings are an accurate representation of work actually performed.
- Coordinate material deliveries and delivery logistics including time of day and proper deliver routes.
- Identify, document and track closure of contractor work that is out of compliance or deficient; Initiates NCRs for action by the Project Manager.
- Participate in managing and inspecting project punch list and cover inspections and provide status reports on completion progress.
- Participate in planning, preconstruction, coordination, progress, scheduling and field project team meetings.
- Monitor change order work in the field and sign-off on force account work tickets.
- Witness special inspections, testing (on or off-site) of contract material, equipment, and installations.
- Participate with or lead coordination efforts between outside consultant inspection agencies (special inspection & testing, environmental, hazardous materials) and contractors.
- Verify/evaluate consultant invoices and provide recommendation for payment.
- Coordinate routine shutdown requests from contractors with customers, tenants and department, which includes notification to all interested parties and obtaining required approvals/signatures; Issue CAFs.
- Escort consultants, contractors, visitors to project sites.
- Inspect and ensure that project red lines /record drawings are up to date.
- Maintain required safety training current.
- Participate in site safety inspections.
- Report safety deficiencies and violations when observed.
- Attend meetings as necessary to keep abreast of upcoming contractor operations and safety alerts.
- Constructability review.
- Attend off-site testing and inspections as needed (travel will be required).
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certified by ICC or California Inspector certification.
- 7-10 years of experience.
- GSA and or Federal construction experience.
- 2-year degree.
- Experience with project $10M or higher.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV's will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects: TwitterInstagramLinkedIn
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
This job has expired.