American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
This Senior Data Science Engineer will sit within our Data Science and Research team and collaborate closely with Data Scientists to drive company initiatives, by overseeing the departments day-to-day data integration, transformation, validation, and cleansing. Play an integral role in developing and maintaining databases and analytics environments. Create cloud environment for building and testing new strategies. Work closely with stakeholders to automate and optimize reports and productionalize algorithms. Data mines and analyzes data, integrates data from a variety of sources, and deploys high-quality data pipelines in support of the organizations AI/ML needs. Creates and delivers data architecture and applications that enable reporting, analytics, data science, and data management and improves accessibility, efficiency, governance, processing, and quality of data. Designs and builds data provisioning workflows/pipelines, physical data schemas, extracts, data transformations, and data integrations and/or designs using ETL and microservices. Participates and leads peer development and code reviews with focus on test driven development and Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CICD). Manages large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager. Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to lower-level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Cleans, prepares, models and engineers existing data based on business definitions and requirements into data science database.
- Designs and builds data provisioning workflows/pipelines, physical data schemas, extracts, data transformations, and data integrations and/or designs using ETL and microservices.
- Designs and implements data management architecture to meet corporate data management needs and business functional requirements. Ensures that solution designs address operational requirements such as scalability, maintainability, extensibility, flexibility, and integrity.
- Designs and develops programs and tools to support ingestion, curation, and provisioning of complex enterprise data to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science goals.
- Works with stakeholders to gather information, create documentation, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies
- Build predictive analytics that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into marketing, operations, development, acquisitions, pricing customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Monitors the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshoots, and integrates new features.
Work where you feel right at home -
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, and/or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Database Architecture, Business Intelligence development, Data Engineer, Data Warehousing, and/or related.
- Advanced methodologies, designs, and processes in technical areas of ETL, ELT, and Data Modeling.
- Advanced experience of consulting or client service delivery on large cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) preferred.
- Advanced experience in developing data ingestion, data processing and analytical pipelines for big data, relational databases, NoSQL, and data warehouse solutions.
- Advanced experience providing practical direction within the cloud native services.
- Minimum of 5 years in database administration required.
- Minimum of 5 years in Python programming required with expertise in Pandas, Databricks and PySpark.
- Minimum of 5 years in ETL development required.
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL queries and use of Microsoft SQL Server database tables and connectivity with demonstrated experience in TSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Intermediate experience in DevOps and CI/CD deployments.
- Intermediate experience in using Big Data File Formats and compression techniques and working with Developer tools such as Azure DevOps.
- Intermediate experience in Microservices patterns and practices.
- Advanced experience in RESTful APIs and messaging systems, and AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Intermediate experience with other BI tools such as Power BI, SSRS, SSAS and Tableau.
- Advanced understanding of data security best practices.
- Advanced understanding of systems integrations and data integrations.
- Critical thinking a must. Problem solving skills with the ability to look for root causes and implementable, workable solutions, as well as process improvement ability.
- Proven ability to perform high quality technical documentation and presentations.
- Excellent organization, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.
- Demonstrate professionalism, flexibility/adaptability, ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
For positions that are permitted or required to work remotely, employees may conduct work only within the United States and only in states where the Company is already conducting business, unless for brief periods, consistent with Company policy.
For employees in Colorado only, the anticipated range is $117,125 to $167,475. Actual starting base salary will depend on geographical location, skills, and relevant experience.
The Company also may provide benefits with this position including but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSUs) and/or Health Savings Accounts (HSAs); Dependent Savings Accounts; 401(k) plan with employer matching; employee stock purchase plan; and potential for bonuses. The above wage range is the Company's current good faith expectation for this position. The actual amount paid and/or offered may be less or more than this range and will be based on factors including geographic location, education, training, or experience related to the work, seniority, merit, quantity and or quality of the work.Related Keywords:
Data science, engineer, research, computer science, information systems, finance, mathematics, physics, engineering, statistics, economics, analytics, database administration, data processing, data ingestion, #LI-SC1 #Remote #DICE_KMA
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy