Perform engineering and project management activities for design development, application, customer order design, manufacture, assembly, test, installation, sales support, and servicing of all Electrical Distribution Division (EDD) gas and vacuum circuit breaker products.
- Develop gas circuit breakers (GCB) and vacuum circuit breakers (VCB) designed for local manufacture.
- Develop and design U.S. components to replace imported components where beneficial to overall breaker quality and cost.
- Lead design improvements and cost reduction initiatives for existing EDD products.
- Review order documents to ensure MEPPI meets the technical requirements of the contract, including exceptions, clarifications, and confirmations to the customer's technical specifications when required.
- Prepare, and/or lead others in preparing, drawings and specifications required to support order placements, manufacturing/assembly operations; prepare instruction books and renewal parts lists; and review or approve technical software submittals required to support order placements, manufacturing/assembly operations, and customer needs.
- Provide design leadership, direction, and clarification as required to appropriate EDD designer(s) and drafter(s).
- Resolve customer technical questions as required.
- Provide technical leadership and information concerning assembly or testing techniques and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Develop and/or lead others for product BOM and design drawings to support customer's technical requirements, and coordinate design with application engineering, production, purchasing, and quality personnel as appropriate.
- Lead the coordination of outside design team efforts consistent with EDD products and goals.
- Research and analyze operational test data to establish performance standards and to confirm if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Develop and design concepts (both mechanical and electrical) and work with EDD designer(s) and drafter(s) to complete designs as required.
- Lead in assisting Manufacturing and QC with any design-related production problems.
- Conceive, recommend and implement design improvements and cost reductions.
- Act as project leader for all design, test, and prototype programs when assigned.
- Work in a lead role with vendors to resolve any technical issues.
- Travel to customer's site and/or trade shows to provide product support as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, plus 6-9 years' of experience in a design/application engineering capacity, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical aspects of T&D products.
- Developed computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products, CAD and engineering analysis software.
This job has expired.