Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021016 Senior Logistics Analyst (Open)
Education and Experience
- Assesses carriers to determine the best solution to plan loads efficiently in order to meet service levels and reduce costs.
- Coordinates with plants' customer service representatives or logistics coordinators on exceptions, rush orders and order changes. Proactively provide problem resolution for plants and carriers.
- Manages carrier performance to maintain an acceptable level of on-time delivery performance.
- May determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- May investigate and resolve transit-related issues and complaints related to freight costs, trailers, set-up, and vendor/customer/end-user concerns.
- Maintain ongoing communication with plant locations and carriers to ensure proper execution of transportation plans.
- Assists with inventory management, freight shipment coordination, and document preparation.
- Prepares invoices for payment and audits invoices as required.
- Identifies improvement opportunities within the Logistics function.
- Negotiate spot rates for Truck Load (TL) and volume shipments and communicate with carriers on load details, pricing and contracts.
- Incorporates and ensures safety observances are met, including use of all PPE by colleagues, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits, etc.
- May lead the work of small project teams and formally train less experienced Logistics colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically possesses a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 4-8 years of relevant experience.
- Possesses knowledge of trucking and transportation industries, warehouse operations, and shipping/receiving processes.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong customer service, written, and oral communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.