Slalom is a global consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 42 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 12,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Who You'll Work With:
Global Services is comprised of collaborative, inclusive, cross-functional teams that work together to support our corporate functions. We push the boundaries of what's possible and deliver solutions that accelerate innovation at a global scale. Our teams include Information Technology, Legal, Information Security & Governance, Marketing, Operations, Finance & Accounting, People, and our Executive Office.
The Role: Senior Manager, Accounting (Open to Location)
The Accounting and Finance team is looking for an experienced, technically savvy, customer oriented Senior Manager to join our growing global Revenue Accounting team. This person will lead the development of scalable solutions for accounting contract reviews at contract inception and contract modification. Working cross-functionally, this person will lead the development of best-in-class contract review processes, including the drive to modernize and automate the front end of the revenue accounting process. This person will work closely with multiple teams across the organization including Legal, Finance, Revenue Accounting Operations, Sales, and Engagement teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will be responsible for numerous projects supporting the company's rapid global growth. This Senior Manager will develop processes to ensure proper handoff of contract inception/ modification accounting artifacts to the Revenue Accounting Operations team. This person will have a proven track record at solving issues, and be a leader committed to driving change and developing processes that scale, experience working at a global company and a passion and enthusiasm to help drive our accounting organization to the next level. The successful candidate will have an independent drive for operational excellence, a bias for action and a sense of urgency in delivering results.
Who you are:
Who we are:
- You have passion for people
- You are collaborative and driven to do what is right
- You are not afraid to be bring your authentic self to work
- You embrace a continuous learner mentality with a commitment to honest introspection.
What you'll do:
- We like to have fun
- We brainstorm
- We support each other
- We have a purpose
- We smile A LOT
What you'll bring:
- Develop contract inception and modification accounting processes to ensure detailed contract reviews are completed, all relevant management assertions are properly and fully addressed, and all accounting artifacts are identified and set up in our systems. This includes the development of key controls associated with the front end of the Revenue Accounting process.
- In concert with a cross-functional group of experts, advise on revenue accounting considerations and implications on new contracts and contract modifications prior to contract execution and assist in developing language to support the desired accounting outcomes; and document these considerations in audit-ready memos where appropriate
- As necessary, prepare analysis and documentation required to support the assessment of stand-alone selling price in any instances where we identify multiple performance obligations in an arrangement and develop steps to ensure the proper allocation of the transaction price identified in step 3 of ASC to those multiple performance obligations
- Collaborating cross-functionally (with legal, Sales, FinOps, Revenue Accounting Operations), to create repeatable, consistent best practices that enable global scale in the order-to-cash cycle and ensure that inception and modification accounting is properly set up for all new contracts
- Develop monthly analytics summarizing key metrics around new contracts and contract modifications that will be included in the overall monthly Revenue Accounting close package
- Drive the development of accounting processes for new business initiatives that differ from our current core revenue contracts
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve and automate revenue accounting processes for inception and modification accounting
- In concert with our technical accounting team, draft revenue recognition memos related to unique contract clauses outside of core Revenue Accounting policies
- Develop and prioritize requirements across finance stakeholder groups and weigh costs and benefits of development work vs. manual processes related to inception and modification accounting
- Partner on strategic initiatives and projects to support the significant growth and scalability of the company, including the development of front-end accounting processes for new systems under development
- Collaborating with the technical accounting team, lead education on the latest changes in revenue recognition guidance and champion best in class practices across the accounting organization
- Develop recommendations on the structure of and lead the build out of a best-in-class accounting contract review team, including the potential identification and implementation of OCR contract scanning tools and technologies
We're Focused On:
- Proven leader in a senior management position in large size, multi-national companies coupled with public accounting experience and active CPA license
- Expert understanding of US GAAP and IFRS, particularly as it pertains to revenue. Ability to communicate on these topics with a broad cross section of executive and non-finance stakeholders while retaining fidelity to the proper accounting language and treatment under accounting standards
- Deep understand of revenue contracting practices and the determination of accounting treatment in the global order-to-cash business processes with a keen ability to lead change with business partners to implement best in class practices
- Experience with revenue management platforms required, with revenue management system implementation experience preferred; Experience with Oracle GL preferred; Experience leveraging upstream data, including data in CRM systems, in the revenue process
- A cross functional, influential leader with proven experience driving transformation grounded in process improvement and accounting methodologies who is motivated by the challenge of a fast-paced, high-growth global environment
- Inclusion as a top priority. All our employees should feel understood, included, connected, and safe.
- Committing to a diverse workforce at all levels and taking a broad view of diversity that incorporates gender, race and ethnicity, background, geography, thinking, working styles, and more.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.