Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
An immediate opportunity is available for a creative Senior Producer, Production who will oversee the day to day production of MetroFocus, an Emmy-award winning, multi-platform news magazine and talk program, on broadcast and online, focusing on the tri-state region.
The Senior Producer, Production will support the Co-Executive Producers in the production of programs and segments for broadcast and online. Under the direction of the Co-Executive Producers, the Senior Producer assists with management of the team through all stages of the production and editorial process from story development through post-production. Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing, shaping and executing production of day of air and as-live shows and recorded segments for broadcast and online, scheduling, assigning stories, reviewing and approving scripts.
• With Executive Producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of guests, promos, video, graphic elements and technical staff.
• Makes important editorial decisions and guides hosts as required, producers, associate producers and technical team in virtual studio, on digital platforms and in control room.
• Provides editorial and production guidance to teams during all phases of story development, production and editing. Ensures all information checked for accuracy.
• Liaise with various other departments, including multi-platform initiatives, publicity, production services, finance and legal in support of production needs
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualified candidates will have exceptional research, writing, communication and presentation skills along with the ability to meet deadlines and work in a dynamic news environment. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of six (6) years of experience in television and multi-media production, at least two of which will have been spent producing daily or weekly news/public affairs segments and programs;
• Exceptional editorial skills;
• Knowledge of VMix, Riverside.fm, Zoom and other digital platforms as well as control room management for both live and taped programming;
• Proficiency with Adobe Premier editing systems and consumer video and audio equipment;
• Knowledge of online and social media platforms;
• Solid knowledge of local and national news and ability to create an in-depth, visually exciting content and programming;
• Ability to adapt during breaking news, to program and anchor style and to produce quality work quickly;
The successful candidate will be an effective team leader with the ability to manage people and mentor junior staff.
Candidates experienced with Dalet are preferred.