***This role can be based in Boise, ID, Los Gatos, CA or Remote***
The Cradlepoint team is seeking a creative Senior Product Manager to lead product management activities for our cellular modem technology roadmap. In this role, you will be driving a wide number of strategic initiatives including but not limited to defining a winning 5G & LTE modem hardware and service strategy to deliver the needed technologies for our use cases and regions.
You will work within a fun culture with a strong engineering team on the development of a wide set of features and collaborate with various teams from all over the company. You will work closely with the entire Product Management team to understand and deliver on the strategic big picture, while inherently and independently being detail-oriented, organized, and driven enough to identify and produce the pieces required to put that picture together.
Headquartered in Boise, ID, Cradlepoint is the global leader in software-defined and cloud-delivered network solutions for connecting people, places, and things over wired and wireless broadband. More than 15,000 enterprise and government organizations around the world rely on Cradlepoint 5G/4G LTE-enabled network solutions to keep critical sites, workforces, vehicles, and devices always connected and protected.
- The ideal candidate will collaborate with relevant stakeholders (Marketing, R&D, Carrier Business Development, etc.) to build and execute the next evolution of Cradlepoint's cellular modem technology offering, including the product line and feature strategy.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the cellular technology landscape including competition, cellular chipset, and module vendors.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to delineate modem-specific requirements to address our portfolio needs and champion strategic modem feature initiatives.
- Collaborate with Engineering using Agile best practices and own modem technology roadmap including prioritization of 4G/5G WWAN related features and performance enhancements.
- Analyze and report on key drivers impacting modem platform adoption and usage; participate in key customer and vendor meetings to identify enhancements to product offerings.
- Research: Utilize our vast metrics and customer-focused data sets alongside your own market research to continually find the next big growth opportunity, explore the latest industry trends and features to propose ideas on how we can bring them to our service
- Keep the team running: monitor the progress of tickets, clear blockers, and answer business/product questions for the development team
- Partner with engineering, design, data science, analytics, marketing, and other key groups to release world-class hardware, features, and functionality, measure the success of products and strategize iterative improvements
- Six (6+) years of experience in product management
- Four (4+) years of product management focused on cellular modem chipset technology, with a proven track record of planning and managing cellular wireless WAN modems and platforms
- Strong knowledge/experience in 4G / 5G cellular technologies and 3GPP standards
- Experience working with mobile cellular chipset and/or module vendors
- Demonstrated success managing and improving existing products by shipping increments in an Agile environment
- Strong customer focus and a well-honed sense of empathy for regional and cultural considerations toward building a global experience
- Curiosity that drives you to see what others don't
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with technical partners, peers, and executive management alike clearly and effectively; as well as the ability to write clear and thorough specifications and user stories
- Demonstrate strong experience with data-informed decision making; know-how and when to leverage qualitative and quantitative experimentation, and adept at analyzing results from these experiments
- A positive, can-do mindset and team focus
- Bachelor's degree in various fields of study is applicable. Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing, project management, or equivalent experience
- Location: Boise, ID, Los Gatos, CA preferred
- Travel: Up to 20%
Cradlepoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, or any other protected class status pursuant to applicable law.
This job has expired.