At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
At PayPal Financial Products & Experiences (FPX), we develop technologies to allow people and businesses to easily manage their money and finance their everyday purchases. With us, you'll work on the implementing distributed systems powering the world's largest e-commerce and payments websites at a scale few companies can match.
Driven by a desire to create repeatable, efficient, stable technical platforms, the Product Manager - Technical is a customer champion for not only the clients of the platform, but the end users of the products that use the platform. As a core participant of an agile team within the FPX platform, you are vital to the ongoing velocity and evolution of the team by building the vision, excitement about what the user needs, and the impact this will make on the user and company. In addition to producing well written user stories and acceptance criteria you will be defining and providing context to the team with the goal of having the team being part of the solution. The product manager will be available for the team to answer questions, work with developers to address technical challenges, align on priorities, and explain and/or change requirements based on new information from the developers. You will also review the results of the work to confirm it meets the end user's needs and is measurable against the KPIs.
In this role, you'll work alongside the best and the brightest talent in the industry. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we improve existing products and build the platform powering the top growth opportunity in PayPal.
Job Description:Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Leadership on driving ideation, prioritization, and execution of product improvements that deliver top-tier user solutions while optimizing business outcomes.
- Manage, design, and build world-class financial products and solutions for the customers/users of the FPX platform.
- Define and articulate through narratives, presentations, and documentation the vision and direction of their product.
- Manage dev teams in an agile environment.
- Engage closely with engineering and architecture to help determine the best technical implementation/design while balancing time-to-market needs.
- Responsible for the performance of your product and the KPIs related to it.Identify opportunities to improve your product and define the expected outcomes.
- Work closely with multi-functional areas across PayPal and different regions, including business and marketing partners, legal, compliance and risk.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and external partners to design, build, launch, and market new financial products and capabilities
- Manage backlogs and roadmaps, write stories and other typical agile processes.
- Define a product launch plan for your area, including identifying new opportunities as well as maintaining a rolling marketing roadmap of projects and iterations
- Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Computer Science, MBA or MS preferred
- Min 5 years of product management experience
- Background in Fin Tech and credit platforms and solutions
- Strong ability to work with a wide range of functions from business experts to developers
- Understanding of consumer and business financial products particularly installment-based lending and revolving products is a bonus
- Understanding of engineering technologies including RESTful APIs, MQ, Events, and general software development principles within an agile environment
- Ability to work with a wide range of functions ranging from business experts to developers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to lead cross-functional groups and drive action
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience working in a matrix organization and managing a variety of stakeholders
- Passion for the customer, both internal and external
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.