The safety manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the safety and health function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide leadership and development for Safety Reps.
- Develop and lead the safety audit process for the Districts and Plants.
- On a monthly basis, analyze safety audit, near miss and observation data to track, provide updates, and direction for continuous improvement. Utilize data to provide a review and suggested improvement to District VP/GM's and Production Managers.
- Lead and participate in citation meetings with internal and external customers.
- Track and audit plant S&S and RTLB data and lead audits on locations higher than national MSHA standards.
- Lead and coordinate the annual refresher training for the Division.
- Provide direction on plant training curriculum for new hires and required annual training.
- Conduct monthly reviews of property damage analysis with suggested improvements provided for District VP/GM's and Production Managers.
- Lead the efforts to annually review Part 46 training plans and ensure compliance with MSHA regulations.
- Provide direction for annual SOMA Industrial Hygiene assessments and training for all locations.
- Provide District Leadership an update to annual SOMA data.
- Participate in quarterly workers' compensation reviews and provide updates to the necessary business partners.
- Assist in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of hazard resolution.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures and approves invoices for payment.
- Maintains MSHA and OSHA logs; maintains other records.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends to Division Leadership new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Safety Capacity
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Decision Making.
- High Sense of Urgency
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
- Financial Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Travel
Travel will be frequent and primarily within the Division and assigned District. Out-of-area and overnight travel will be expected. Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree and five years' of safety management experience, or nine years' experience in the Safety field.
Additional Eligibility QualificationsAAP/EEO Statement
- A bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety and five years' experience in mining operations.
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.