The Senior Sales Specialist- Sample Management is commercially oriented and works collaboratively with clients and internal stakeholders in project management office, sales, sales operations and Sample and Repository Solutions (SRS) operations to drive sales opportunities to closure in a timely manner. They are also to generate revenue by further developing client accounts, understanding and interpreting clients' needs and requirements and obtaining orders for additional work.
Location: San Francisco Bay and surrounding area
Key focus areas:
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Achieve annual sales goals within defined territory/accounts through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer accounts includingBiotech Companies, Research Institutions, and Academic Accounts
- Develop and implement an effective territory business growth plan
- Retain current business baseline revenue by managing relationships with customers and other account contacts with the help of the business leader over that business segment and the customer interface teams (technical support and project management)
- Drive the marketing process for the territory by creating a marketing plan, registering/planning/attending local vendor shows, creating and working with Marketing to execute email campaigns
- Grow revenue and expand territory into new accounts by organizing and following up on leads, cold calling in person and by phone, meeting with customers and prospects on a regular basis, writing quotes and price lists
Relevant additional requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Biology or Life Sciences preferred)
- 7+ years of related experience required (direct Biotech sales preferred)
- Background in Molecular Biology required
- Proven track record of breaking into new accounts by cold calling and launching new territories
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 50% of time depending on territory)
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a hunter mentality to join our global sales teams. If this sounds like you, we'd like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package.
This job has expired.