About Our Team
Our team is responsible for Digital Commons Exhibits, a best-in-class hosted software solution for institutions wishing to showcase their research and scholarship on the Web. Our customers include leading academic institutions, research institutes, and government agencies. We help librarians, researchers, scientists, and students make their work globally accessible.
We use Scrum and select Extreme Programming practices, including user stories, automated testing, and continuous integration. We use GitHub pull requests and peer-review the code we write. We practice "dual-track agile," interleaving discovery and prototyping with product development activities.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Digital Commons Exhibits development squad, you will help grow our newly released product in line with market needs and increase integration with the wider Elsevier brand. Apply your creativity, past experiences, and technical chops to help us find opportunities to radically improve workflows and overall user experience and streamline our operations and codebase.
- Collaborating on product ideation, technical approach and solution design
- Translating product requirements into clear technical designs
- Performing technical "spikes" to explore solutions and reduce uncertainty
- Building Web applications and services, employing clean code and best practices
- Creating and maintaining automated tests
- Participating in peer code reviews
- Enacting our agile development process with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Be proficient in a high-level programming language (Python preferred)
- Possess basic object-oriented design skills
- Have server-side Web development expertise, including REST, APIs, JSON
- Have client-side Web development expertise (React preferred)
- Have some experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Have experience writing automated tests (TDD experience desirable)
- Be able to communicate clearly in person and in writing
- Be willing to collaborate with other developers, business stakeholders and customers
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.