Senior Software Engineer
The candidate chosen for this role will work alongside team members and apply technical, analytical, and communication skills towards producing and maintaining high-quality database-driven applications using Java/J2EE, Spring framework, and web services technology stack.
Experience and Education:
- The project is a risk defense platform
- Customers will come to LexisNexis to validate the risk of an individual.
- They will check the devices individuals use addresses, essentially preventing fraud and data phishing/mining risks.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
5+ years of programming and software development experience
Experience in developing web applications and related technologies: RESTful services, developing highly scalable and robust services using web services frameworks (such as Spring Boot), non-relational and relational database engines (i.e., MySQL and MongoDB), and writing unit tests in Java (JUnit)Technical Skills
Java 8, Spring framework, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Linux, application monitoring (Graphana), Docker, Mocking framework (Mockito), Micro Services, Log Back/sl4j, Git Hub, MySQL, Shell script, Jenkins, Eclipse, Azure Cloud.Skills:
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
- Skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required)
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve the issue (Required)
Helpful / Preferred:
- Write Application code with the highest quality, secure, unit tested, and automated. All code must follow the coding and security standards.
- Provide technical design and solutions for complex problems.
- Coordinate with others within the team and organization for the betterment of the products we are tasked with delivering.
- Clearly express your ideas and solutions to team members, other departments, and managers.
- Analyze and resolve production issues.
- Willingness to learn or comfortable with various tools and frameworks used such as Eclipse/IntelliJ, Spring / Spring Boot, AngularJS / Angular, Jenkins, SVN / GIT, REST / SOAP
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct them
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria or choose solutions
- Training and guiding junior developers
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience with dependency injection, automation, and application design patterns
- Experience using Agile practices
- Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.