The Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD) Diagnostics group is looking for a senior-level software engineer to help build the next generation of veterinarian diagnostics analyzer instruments and ecosystem for companion and livestock animals around the world. The VMRD Diagnostics software team is responsible for the development of analyzer instrument firmware and software supporting the latest technology and practices. This includes a cloud-connected architecture which will support an entire portfolio of products used by customers around the world in an expanding and dynamic market. The software engineer will serve as a key member of the team and must be motivated, self-driven, and carry out the following responsibilities.
Please Note: This is a hybrid position and can be located in Durham, NC or Union City, CA.
- Actively participate in the design, development and deployment of software for diagnostic analyzer instruments and ecosystem
- Assist with software requirements elicitation and systems analysis
- Assist with system integration, build and release activities
- Develop and validate embedded software that interfaces with customer-facing front end as well as external applications.
- Collaboration with development team to ensure consistency with design principles, good development practices, and team processes and procedures.
- Adapt when changes in the business environment dictate changes in priorities to meet the customer needs.
- Work with counterparts on cross-functional project teams, including Zoetis Commercial Development, Product Management, Global Manufacturing and Supply, and Information Services to ensure alignment of diagnostic R&D software development and release strategy with internal and external requirements, and to ensure that the delivered products will meet customer needs and drive value for Zoetis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field. Advanced degree (MS/PhD) preferred.
- 3+ years of experience developing commercial software for Linux systems
- Proficient with all phases of the software development lifecycle: Design, Development, Testing and Deployment
- Minimum 3 years development experience with Linux.
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and OO programming
- Experience creating, presenting, and refining clear, compelling technical specifications from top-level system architecture documents down to low-level implementation guides and test plans
- Strong interpersonal skills, including negotiating, decision by consensus and problem solving.
- A track record of successful launches of software-driven devices.
- Experience with embedded Linux build systems such as Yocto.
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Experience with an Agile methodology of software development.
- Demonstrated experience in working as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience with medical device development and/or any regulated environment.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.