About LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.
Women in technology: LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring Scheme for Women in Technology
- Women's Network Forum
- Women in Technology Employee Resource Group (ERG)
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data Analytics / ETL Development/ AzurePosition can work in a Hybrid model (in office and at home) from the following locations:
- Alpharetta, GA
- Dayton, OH
LexisNexis' linking team is responsible for linking billions of public and proprietary records to create a unique entity identifier for consumers, organizations and providers. We're looking for an experienced, smart, driven individual who will help us build and deliver enterprise-wide big data linking solutions by resolving complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills. This includes analyzing and linking large data problems using various statistical techniques, developing data models, implementing solutions, and providing support.
So if you thrive on and enjoy varied work that requires a diverse range of skills including: data analysis, programming and algorithms as well as spending days working on hard problems with smart people this opportunity is ideal.
In addition to supporting and working on an entire suite of services we offer, there are some exciting new cloud migration projects we are currently working on.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or equivalent technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in big data analytics and complex ETL development systems
- Experience in building record linkage application using probabilistic and approximate matching
- Knowledge in machine learning methods including at least one of the following: Time Series analysis, Hierarchical Bayes; or deep learning techniques such as Decision Trees, Boosting, Random Forests
- Ability to assemble, analyze, and evaluate big data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations to stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, good understanding of different data structures, algorithms and their usage in solving business problems
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with HPCC, ECL, Java, C++
- Experience with cloud technologies - Azure, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Perform data analysis, data model design, data linking, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintenance of several applications
- Communicate and collaborate effectively on assignments with both technical and non-technical staff to finalize requirements
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Review, organize, and analyze petabytes of complex datasets containing billions of records to assist with research projects
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
- Work with other departments and team members to ensure the integrated system meets quality standards
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.