Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
The Service Center Supervisor (SCS) manages the service center and acts as a liaison between the laboratory and the local client base. The SCS is in charge of supervising the Service Center facility, supervising service center couriers, samplers and other personnel. The SCS will consistently act in the best interest of Eurofins TestAmerica and exhibit professional behavior and performance with both internal and external clients. Eurofins TestAmerica and the SCS are committed to grow the business through a Client-First culture that will provide exemplary client service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Local area primary client representative for service center location.
- Works with the Quality Assurance Manager and Account Executives to evaluate and establish project requirements for the service center area.
- Ensures client complaints are handled professionally, and resolved in a timely manner.
- In charge of scheduling service center couriers and samplers, preparing bottle orders for delivery, scheduling sample pick ups and shipping samples to the designated laboratory for analysis.
- Works closely with laboratory management in laboratory capacity loading decisions.
- Maintains the facilities at the service center and is responsible for all EH&S policies of Eurofins TestAmerica at the service center.
- Responsible for all company vehicles that operate out of the service center.
- Provides general sales support to Account Executives for business development activities started in the field.
- Orders supplies (bottles, coolers, etc.) for the service center
- Maintains knowledge of method requirements, holding times, and bottle requirements in order to assist clients with their project needs.
- Maintains knowledge of all Eurofins TestAmerica laboratories to assist with placement of projects into the appropriate laboratory to best fit the clients' needs.
- Builds local relationships with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Visits clients on own or with local sales staff.
- Places work into all Eurofins TestAmerica labs by deciding what lab is the best fit for the client. Functions as local access for clients to all of Eurofins TestAmerica.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.Education/Experience (BMQ):
Education: BS/BA in Chemistry/Sciences (Business Management, Marketing, or equivalent experience may substitute for degree)
Experience: Minimum 3 years client relationship or customer service experience 1-2 years bench level chemistry experience preferred Prefer supervisory experience
Supervisory Responsibility: May supervise service center employees both local and virtual.Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Business principles
- Method application for frequently requested methods
- Understanding of client markets
- Experience with financial statements and measures
- Environmental methodology and local market requirements.
- Strong management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Public speaking skills
- Proven client service skills
- Ability to handle multiple details and changing priorities
- Delivering effective presentations to prospective clients
- Ability to manage personnel issues and conflicts
- Identify staff strengths and weaknesses to optimize resources
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.