HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Support SHEQ OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 5001 management systems
- Manage compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Determine priorities for safety and health investigations in Henkel's diverse work areas and make assignments accordingly.
- Determine sampling priorities for the institution and request the necessary budget resources to accomplish goals.
- Develop and recommend appropriate engineering or work process modifications to prevent worker illness or injury.
- Provide follow-up assessment of recommendations.
- Develop reports and recommendations independently.
- Assist other employees in developing reports and recommendations.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team to discuss multidisciplinary approaches to resolving safety & health issues.
- Make recommendation with respect to equipment purchase, engineering controls, workspace planning and work process planning.
- Determine training needs and independently develop new programs as necessary
- Develop and/or deliver safety training.
- B.S. in Occupational Health, Environmental/Mechanic/Chemical Engineering, or related discipline preferred but not required.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience with SH&E management related functions and administration preferably within the chemical industry or an industrial/manufacturing setting.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
- ASP/CSP certification desired but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, with experience with AutoCAD, Visio, Visual Basic a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with the SHE team and operations management and staff.
- Ability to solve broad range of complex problems.
- Ability to utilize approaches that require innovation and change.
- Experience in emergency response and incident command training and implementation.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and generally manage travel and a challenging workload.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.