Job ID: 471159
Oldcastle Infrastructure™, a CRH company, is the leading provider of utility infrastructure solutions for the water, energy, and communications markets throughout North America. We're more than just a manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, or plastic products. We're a trusted and strategic partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. With our network of more than 80 manufacturing facilities and more than 4,000 employees, we're leading the industry with innovation and a safety-first mindset.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo.
Job Description Summary
National Pipe & Plastics, one of the largest PVC pipe producers in North America, is currently seeking an experienced Shift Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have a background in manufacturing, with supervisor or managerial level experience. Shift Supervisors report directly to the Plant Manager and will also work directly with upper management as well as working with other departments. The objective of the Shift Supervisor is to supervise and direct personnel in the effective utilization of the plant's manufacturing facilities, produce products to the company and customer specifications according to production schedules.
- Supervise all production activities for assigned shift
- Organize and delegate tasks to employees
- Ensure that personnel are working efficiently and effectively through follow-up and training
- Teach, advocate, and use safe working practices and require all personnel to observe and use safe working practices
- Oversee the effective and timely changeover of production lines
- Shop organization to ensure the flow of production and machine preparedness
- Hire, train, direct, and mentor shift employees
- Conduct routine employee performance reviews
- Recommend promotions and demotions of shift employees
- Direct shift employees in continuous improvement initiatives such as 5S program
- Recording of shop logs and personnel information
- Communicate problems, etc. with other shift supervisors or department heads as necessary
- Initiate all disciplinary action procedures consistent with company policies while establishing and maintaining good working relationships with employees
- Meet or exceed goals such as production output, quality, scrap rates, and material utilization
- Organize and communicate between departments
- Other responsibilities may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
What CRH Offers You
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate machines
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and lifting
- Experience in some kind of manufacturing of plastics
- At least 2 years' experience working in a production environment as a supervisor
- Able to manage, motivate, train, and communicate with both employees and management
- Broad knowledge of equipment, production, material handling and quality control with safety considerations
- Common sense, root cause and problem solving abilities
- Willing to work on production lines and troubleshoot/maintain equipment
- Follow written safety procedures
- Fork lift certification a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Binghamton Job Segment:
Forklift, Machinist, Manager, Temporary, Chemical Engineer, Manufacturing, Management, Contract, Engineering
This job has expired.