Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test, and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts, and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings, and more.
We are seeking a Shipping Supervisor to join our team at Coral Industries!
This isn't just a job - it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us. We want to lean into your expertise to help us get better. We will give you what you need to manage your employees, and you will get to lead, every single day.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who loves to supervise a dynamic team. If that sounds like you, come join us!
The flexibility to work various schedules and weekends will be required.
This role will supervise and train employees in the Shipping Department, in a manner consistent with overall Company's policies and procedures.
The Supervisor will help to manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets. Improve performance through coaching, training and developing employees. Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Supervise employees and coordinate loading workflow.
- Ensure all load schedules are completed at the end of the shift, product is loaded accurately, and that loads are secure, and manifests are correct each day.
- Accurately report any product not loaded as scheduled.
- Track absenteeism and review and approve employees' time worked in timekeeping system.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift.
- Ensure that all safety and incident reporting procedures are followed as well as all individuals are properly trained and their job functions are being performed correctly.
- Perform performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Investigate and resolve employee relation issues/conflicts.
- Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company's policy and procedures
What OBE Offers You
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a production environment, preferably Shipping/Logistics
- Able to plan, allocate resources, manage loading and coordinate people and equipment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem analysis resolution
- Able to read a picking list and properly complete a manifest
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Tuscaloosa Job Segment:
Manager, Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse, Design Engineer, Manufacturing, Operations, Management, Engineering