Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a project-based HSE Advisor, to support a Solar Project, based out of Chatham Va.
- Developing annual HSE improvement plans in line with Company and Client strategic and business
- Managing the project HSE interface requirements; ensuring compliance with all existing interface
documents and in the development of future plans.
- Ensuring the requirements stipulated in HSE interface documents/plans are communicated to all
- SupportingHSE incident investigations and undertaking the appropriate reporting requirements.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audits
- Communicating the important messages from incidents and accidents as a part of the Lessonslearned
process to all relevant parties
- Promoting and communicating lessons learned from within their own project; reporting deficiencies
within project and corporate functions and recording all reportable issues within company action
tracking and incident reporting systems
- Ensuring that emergency response arrangements are in place and are communicated to all
personnel; ensuring that project requirements align with Client requirements if these take
- Liaising with and building relationship with Client HSE Reps and site Safety Reps as required
- Managing attendance and participation at project HSE meetings, workshops and forums.
- Maintaining a system for monitoring HSE performance
- Developing a site HSE visit programme for both self and for project/contract management and for
Corporate HSE management
- Promoting workforce involvement in all HSE activities, initiatives and programmes
Skills / Qualifications
- Nationally recognized certifications (CSP, ASP, CHST, or OHST), OSHA 500, or degree in Occupational Safety & Health or related field
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of progressive performance responsibility within the HSSES field
- Ability to safely navigate construction sites
- Established experience managing large, complex capital construction projects
- Demonstration of competency to manage multiple HSSE teams and multiple projects
- CPR/AED/First Aid c ertification
- Additional leadership or HSSES based continuing education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- High level of integrity for reporting, as well as upholding enterprise policy
- Proven ability to self-direct and complete tasks on-time with minimal 0oversight
- Ability to objectively audit compliance in the workplace
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to perform all physical requirements while wearing protective face coverings per CDC recommendations and Wood policies relative to COVID
- Willingness to travel on a schedule and in a manner required by Wood
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.