S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Site Safety Supervisor
Under the direction of the Safety Director, performs all duties and responsibilities to ensure employee's safety in following the workplace safety guidelines. This position works closely with Project Managers, Field Manpower, and Foremen to ensure all in compliance with OSHA and EPA standards.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment with a focus towards specific safety practices and health programs. It also requires travel to branch office locations, jobsites and customer facilities.
* This position will cover job sites in our Philly, DC and Carolina areas. *
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Perform basic troubleshooting of wet based fire systems, and describe them to owners and service managers for repairs.
- Conducts job site visits 3-4 days per week.
- Travels up to 70% of the working week, locations determined in coordination with the Safety Manager.
- Work with third parties coordinating testing, sampling, and anything else necessary based on the job conditions.
- Aids in training employees on workplace safety guidelines.
- Coordinates accident investigations and reporting for the company.
- Investigates and corrects specific safety violations on job sites.
- Conducts and documents employee safety observations, Company property and construction site inspections, and periodic Company vehicle safety inspections.
- Works directly with Project Managers and Field Personnel to address safety concerns.
- Ensures adequate PPE levels for project/site locations.
- Determines all needed PPE and training for workers as needed.
- Develops and conducts site specific toolbox talks and daily safety plans.
- Drives and promotes zero incidents through HSE culture.
- Has a good understanding of claims management and workers' compensation reporting requirements.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3+ years of experience in the safety field is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in safety is preferred, however equivalent experience will be considered.
- Professional safety certifications are a plus (GSP, CHST, CSP).
- Ability to maintain a balance between teamwork and compliance with safety issues is required.
- Capable of obtaining the OSHA 500 in the construction industry to conduct effective project training is required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.
- Computer Skills: Significant experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).