Skilled Chemical Operator
Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Skilled Chemical Operator located at our site in Akron, Ohio.
What will be expected from you?
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Uses detailed procedures to safely manufacture quality products.
- Works with second operator and/or supervisor to coordinate operations on shift.
- Demonstrates understanding of computer control system that operates part of the process. Can look at various screens to understand the status of equipment and determine if process is running under control.
- Operates and understands the function of many types of chemical manufacturing equipment such as weigh tanks, reactors, distillation equipment, pumps and other specialized equipment.
- Operates and understands in process test equipment and procedures to assure product quality.
- Troubleshoots processing problems and takes corrective action when possible. Seeks assistance when necessary.
- Packages product according to work instructions.
- Takes corrective actions when an alarm condition exists. Takes actions necessary in an emergency to help minimize danger to personnel and to the environment.
- Understands and abides by all safety rules. Understands and uses the handling and safety procedures (MSDS's) for all raw materials and finished goods and uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Other duties as assigned.
Starting rate is $25.47/hr. plus $.50/hr. shift differential for hours worked on an off-shift. Increases every 6 months until you reach top rate. Huntsman offers outstanding benefits which start from Day One.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Chemical manufacturing education and/or experience.
- A strong mechanical aptitude and some chemistry knowledge/aptitude to ensure selected individual understands not only how to run a process, but how equipment and chemicals work together.
- A willingness to work a continuous 7-day schedule with rotating days off on any of the three shifts and readily except overtime without restriction.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to reach overhead without restrictions.
- Competitive healthcare, dental, and vision.
- 401(k) - Huntsman automatically contributes 6% of eligible pay, regardless of employee contribution. In addition to the 6% non-discretionary contribution, Huntsman will match $1 for every $1 you contribute up to a maximum match of 4% of eligible pay.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.
This job has expired.