Sobering Center Technician
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting in direct client care in the Sobering Center in accordance with YKHC's mission, vision, values and five Napartet pillars: Patient Centered Excellence, Community Partner Satisfaction, Financial Viability, Alaska Native Staff Development and Employee Focus. Under the supervision of the Sobering Center Program Manager, and the direction of the Sobering Center Lead Technician, Sobering Center Tech will assist in observation and support for clients who are intoxicated and incapacitated but do not require a higher level of care.
- High school diploma or GED, some college preferred. Must be willing to learn and participate in the Corporations sponsored technical training, CPR, First Aid and Emergency Medical Skills training for Sobering Center duties.
- One year work history. Experience in providing customer or patient care preferred.
- State of Alaska Certified ETT within three months or as available. Mandt Certification within three months or as available. Must have a valid Alaska driver's license at time of hire. Must pass a criminal background check.
- Basic computer knowledge, accuracy and dependability a must.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in a challenging environment. Some knowledge and experience in working with individuals with substance abuse and related problems. Able to administer client screening, assess results and apply appropriate interventions through the SBIRT protocol. Ability to add and subtract money. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of rapidly changing situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to appropriately respond to aggressive and violent client behaviors.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:14898Location:BethelDepartment:Behavioral HealthEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.