Cirium delivers data and aviation analytics solutions to global leaders in finance, aerospace, travel, governments, airlines and more. We provide data sets across the aviation industry, covering over 97% of global real-time flight traffic, schedules, and routes.
Lead Software Engineer
At Cirium's trips and waivers group, we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our cross functional product team. We want you to help us build great products to empower our customers to provide a better travel experience for airline passengers. We provide real time insights and alerts to proactively manage passenger travel disruptions.
As a lead software engineer, you will apply your broad understanding of systems to chart a path to make better software and better serve our customers. You will work with the team to improve existing systems to make them simpler, more reliable, and more secure, as well as looking for new ways to solve customer problems. You will work in an agile team to design, estimate and implement new changes.
- Write quality, maintainable code and guide team members to do the same.
- Refine requirements from customers and product managers into development plans and new software.
- Continue and create good software development patterns within existing and new systems, while working to retire poorly performing or legacy systems.
- Be an active member of the team by participating in code reviews, promoting good development practices, and influencing team processes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- work with our deployment infrastructure using Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, S3, etc.
Additional useful experience
- Experience with multi-system architectures using event based stream processing (Kafka, AWS Kinesis, AWS SQS, etc)
- Experience designing and consuming HTTP REST APIs.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance, capacity, concurrency, and scalability issues.
- Understanding of SQL and schema design in PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, another relevant field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software development
- 2+ years of Java development
- Experience with scripting and automation, especially Python.
We hire talented individuals and empower them to solve problems. We value ownership and a drive to make things better. We also know that you are more than just your work and provide great benefits including, a flexible work environment, generous paid time off, and paid hours for volunteering in the community. You will be part of a diverse team and company that promotes a positive work environment to allow you to contribute in a meaningful way to you.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.