LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leading provider of innovative solutions for significant risk data analytics challenges. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. Our innovative solutions enable organizations to manage risks like identity theft, fraud, money laundering and terrorism and prevent financial crimes.
Financial Crime Compliance business delivers innovative and quality products to prestigious financial institutions across the world.
Be part of our mission and strategy to enhance our industry-leading and sophisticated transactions screening solutions used by the top 200 banks.
This Software Engineering Manager position provides leadership, management, direction, and vision to development squads of engineers to support, run, and change activities in the software development life cycle. The position works closely with development peers, product and project leaders/managers, as well as directs the successful completion and delivery of respective software components and any other related deliverables. The position is additionally expected to report progress to senior management.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Expertise and proven experience in various staffing and resource models.
- Expertise in techniques for design and code reviews of technical proposals.
- Proven knowledge and experience in project planning and management tools to manage project progress, budget, and scope.
- Proven ability to adapt to new roles and responsibilities.
- Software development process expert in Agile methodologies.
- Proven expertise and experience applying industry best practices in all aspects of development.
- Proven expert in partnering and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- Complete management responsibilities to include performance management, hiring and coaching of staff, and resource planning.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- Lead the development of technical standards and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
- Consult with stakeholders to find alternative workarounds during system outages.
- Work directly with customers and end users.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.