Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Sourcing Buyer is an integral part of the Source to Pay organization as the role will support adherence to category strategies, ensuring that preferred suppliers are used in compliance with policy and enabling full coverage of source-able spend. This position offers an opportunity to be a part of The Hershey Company's strategic focus on purchasing across all business units nationally.
The resource will drive category strategy and effect cost reduction by touching the end-to-end requisitioning process. The Sourcing Buyer will develop bid packages and execute competitive bid events (e.g. RFQ) for small to medium sized projects that desire execution in an efficient manner, with the end-state of majority of activities resulting in execution of PO with select suppliers. In addition to conducting competitive bidding, the Sourcing Buyer will be responsible for reviewing the completeness and accuracy of requisitions, adding required Terms and Conditions, and confirming payment for in-scope purchase orders.
The Sourcing Buyer will also serve as a champion of compliance, managing purchase orders in a timely manner and confirming supplier due diligence.
The position will entail the interaction with key business stakeholders, Contract Managers and Global Shared Services to ensure that the appropriate requirements, supplier quotes, bidding packages and supplier recommendations are reviewed with Hershey end-users. The position requires close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve the best outcome with the most potential value for transactions.
- Reviews business requirements, category strategy and available market to determine the appropriate suppliers to conduct sourcing buying activities (e.g., "3 bids and a buy")
- Coordinates with key stakeholders to understand requirements and mitigate risk Prepares bidding documents in line with Hershey policies and procedures
- Reviews, screens, and scrutinizes supplier responses and communicates questions to the appropriate stakeholders
- Identifies capable and available suppliers within the Hershey approved supplier list or new suppliers to take part in sourcing engagements
- Evaluates supplier bids and provides an award recommendation to end users
- Ensures alignment with category strategy and preferred supplier lists to align recommendations to defined Hershey standards
- Conducts first level contract discussions with suppliers and escalates to Legal and/or Contract Managers to resolve supplier issues with standard PO T&C's
- Ensures objectivity, fairness and compliance with all applicable policies and procedures Maintains appropriate documentation in support of the procurement process
- Executes end-to-end Buying and Payment Process to approved suppliers
Other Major Duties/Responsibilities:
- Execute competitive bid events (e.g., "3 bids and a buy"). Identify additional potential suppliers (up to 3
- in total), conduct due diligence on suppliers, contact suppliers to communicate requirements, evaluate bids received and share findings with the end user.
- Execute complete Buying and Payment process, including facilitating the accuracy and completeness of purchase requisitions
- Monitor and report savings opportunities identified, in-progress and executed. Present upcoming projects, recent accomplishments, and potential risks to Senior Managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related area required
- 3+ years' experience in a Sourcing environment or within procurement, preferred
- Strong analytical skills and technical skills required.
- Experience in global, multi-faceted consumer products organization. Experience with P2P systems (Ariba, etc.) preferred.
- Procurement certifications preferred (e.g. CSCMP, CPSM). Additional coursework in finance and accounting is desired.
- Ability to work under general supervision
Additional Skills/Abilities Preferred:
- Strong knowledge of S2P processes and technology (Ariba, SAP).
- Experience evaluating supplier bids and conducting contract negotiations. Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and supply chain management principles. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with suppliers.
- Ability to collaborate with internal departments, seek common ground and establish alignment on common goals.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify spend/savings areas.
- Strong written and verbal skills with demonstrated experience communicating with business stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience leveraging eSourcing tools to conduct supplier bidding and quoting. Knowledge of multiple procurement categories (goods and/or services).
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team environment.
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task and manage time effectively. Extremely motivated, high-energy and self-starter mindset.
- Willingness and ability to learn at a challenging pace and in a changing environment. Results-oriented; proactive and dynamic, drive sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail. Desire for problem solving. Flexible and adaptable.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).