Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Natural ScienceDepartment:
Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Progr 10032580Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Advising/Counseling, Continuing System Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Graduate Program Coordinator (40%):
- Supports the BLD Graduate Program Director in all aspects of the master's program in the Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program.
- Manages student recruitment for master's degrees, providing application information and tracking applications through to selection of candidates and matriculation.
- Provides advising for master's students, monitoring, and tracking their progress to graduation.
- Implements and recommends procedural changes to align this unit with university regulations and procedures as they pertain to graduate education.
- Attends recruitment fairs for graduate students and meetings for Graduate Program Directors/Secretaries.
- Assists faculty in recruiting industry/clinical partners for masters' student projects.
- Works closely with BLD faculty, the Director of Graduate Programs, administration in the College of Natural Science, the Graduate School and other University offices.
Undergraduate Student Advising (50%):
- Advises undergraduate BLD students including degree plans, major related career exploration, academic success and learning strategies.
- Connects students to appropriate student resources for successful degree completion.
- Represent the Unit at New Student Orientation (NSO) for incoming MSU students.
Other Duties (10%):
- Participates in professional development activities including conferences, workshops, and seminars to enhance the ability and knowledge to perform as an advisor.
- Administrative duties related to undergraduate and graduate advising
- Outreach and public service activities for BLD.
- Participates in professional societies as time allows.
- Other duties as assigned by the Graduate Program Director and BLD Director.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Masters -Master's in Science, education or relate
- Master's in Science, education or related disciplines
- National certification in Medical Laboratory Science
- Experience advising or mentoring students
- Excellent computer, organizational, time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Application Materials
Please submit a letter of application, resume and names and contact information for three references.
Together-we-will StatementThe university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Please submit a letter of application, resume and names and contact information for three references. If you have questions regarding this position, contact Dr. John Gerlach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of Applications Begins On
BLD is a close community. Our students are the next generation of laboratorians, scientists, and researchers.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Apr 13, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 13, 2024 Eastern Daylight Time