Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for acting as a liaison between the company and growers. Responsibilities for this position include performing data analytics, administering commodity contracts, sampling, and evaluating crops, working with the growers on their field and storage management and building strong relations while representing the company within the grower community. This position will also assist the Ag Service group to interact across multi-functional groups ensuring that company business objectives are top of mind.
- Grower Service, Education and Crop Inspection
- Grower Contracting
- Seed Quality Evaluation
- Harvest management and coordination
- Storage management, monitoring and evaluation
- Responsible for maintaining food safety and quality
- Plant Specific Duties as Assigned
- Provides regular updates of crop and storage conditions to peer group
- Ensure raw product information is gathered, without error, analyzed and presented in a manner that can efficiently be used to make timely raw product decisions. Supervise sampling of field and storage raw product used for dispositioning decisions. Supervise sampling of field and storage raw product used to determine grower payment.
- Maintains safe work practices and participates in company safety programs.
- Train and supervise subordinates in safety and accident prevention practices
- Must be able to work as a team by supporting peer group and open to accepting direction to keep team on path to departmental goals.
- Responsible for training, evaluation, and direction of employees under the Sr. Ag Operation Specialist' supervision in the use of company owned equipment.
- Must assure that the storage locations, field equipment and the operations of the equipment are compliant with Lamb-Weston and all regulatory agencies standards.
- Keeps up with current technological developments which could result in improved safety performance, and cost savings to Lamb-Weston
- Inspects automotive equipment, ensuring scheduling of needed repair or service work
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training hourly/temporary employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Job QualificationsPosition Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or related field preferred
- Three-year related experience preferred
- Knowledge of agronomic characteristics for potato crops
- Must be self-motivated and open to overcoming complex situations with minimal direction
- Must have the ability to work between multiple facilities to support production across multiple plant locations
- Must have the ability to travel substantially through storage and growing areas
- Basic mechanical understanding of Ag equipment operations
- Must be able to build an effective relationship with the grower community
- Must be able to complete LW Process Quality Program
- Must possess a valid driver's license and meet Company driving standards
- Must possess solid PC skills, to include Windows, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Able to work additional hours, including weekends as needed
- Forklift experience desired