What is Tech@Tyson?
The Information Technology Team at Tyson Foods is building the technology of the future. We are transforming an 85-year-old company into the most modern food company in the world. The implementation of innovative and impactful technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence are driving superior business value in our offices, plants, and farms. Here at Tyson Foods, we are focused on deploying world class technologies to revolutionize a world class company.
This role is a business facing role that will engage with leaders across the organization to understand the key business drivers. Partnering with each transformation leader will be critical to the success of this role. Developing a roadmap that leverages the existing assets and driving next generation technology options is important to the transformational efforts. The team includes Analysts, Solution Leads and Project Managers and will work across the IT (Information Technology) organization (and managed service partners) to execute projects and support activities.
- Project delivery and process optimization
- Elicit, analyze and document functional and technical requirements or user stories
- Perform configuration within a variety of software packages
- Develop and execute unit, system, and integration test cases
- Cultivate strong business relationships by demonstrating an understanding of related processes, requirements, systems, and terminology
- Maintain awareness of best practices, including processes and technology, while identifying opportunities for improvement of existing functionality
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within or between projects or functional areas.
- Develop, use existing, or research new tools that improve the delivery of solutions to customers
- Develop work breakdown structures
- Estimate the effort and duration of work
- Create, maintain, and ensure quality of systems that support key customer business processes
- Collaborate with the functional end users, vendors, and IT peers to support applications, system integrations, and capabilities as needed
- Document and maintain support procedures and information as needed to maintain a positive support level
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or an equivalent degree with experience equating to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information SystemsExperience:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in business or an IT environment; or advanced degree with 2+ years of progressive experience in an IT environment.
- Strong customer-facing skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiating & decision-making skills
- Ability to organize/deliver information appropriately to audiences at all levels within the company
- Financial AP or AR experience
- SAP experience
Advanced general computer skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of JIRA, HP Quality Center and Service Now is a plus.Communication Skills:
Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact and work directly with IT and business leadership. Ability to coordinate, influence, and gain alignment of cross-functional business/IT teams.Preferred Skills:
- Preferred experience implementing SaaS (SW as a Service) solutions, using both agile and waterfall methodologies, and leading the organization through software change
Some travel may be required. The amount of travel will be determined by individual project requirements.Supervisory:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)At Tyson Foods, the safety of our team members is our top priority. For that reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required to enter Tyson facilities.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
This job has expired.