The Senior Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners, stakeholders and IT. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of business strategies, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding and documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological opportunities to improve efficiency and minimize risks. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from documenting business and functional requirements to assisting on more complex projects related to operational business functions and strategic initiatives.
Ideal candidate for the Senior Business Analyst role is a problem solver who will play a critical role in defining and enabling business change, make a real difference to business success and influence the way the company operates to amplify positive impact.
The position serves
IT liaison for the marketing and sales teams, in planning, developing, implementing and managing marketing technology platforms to support stakeholders in achieving business objectives. Facilitate working sessions to gather requirements across the marketing technology stack based on business goals and identify enhancements to existing tools and/or recommend new tools for marketing automation, Digital Asset Management (DAM), Content Management Systems (CMS), Voice of the Customer (VOC), social listening, Business Process Mapping (BPM), customer journey mapping, etc. Position involves documenting business and functional requirements, hands on technical administration and configurations of features, functions as appropriate, along with specific tasks ranging from, but not limited to business rules definitions, reporting and data governance. This includes working with external vendors to understand the core platforms and integrations between other systems and platforms. This position will serve as a key advocate for the broader use and adoption of these technologies. Drive system enhancement efforts to completion by gathering and assessing user requirements with stakeholders. Understand the impact a process change might have on the platforms and be able to guide process definitions accordingly. Consult with end-users to analyze and understand user needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements to grow the platform through new applications and technology as needed.
Relationship Management Responsibilities
- Provide strategic business analysis to drive capability development within each technology pillar and measuring success by identifying contribution towards strategic objectives
- Partner with stakeholder teams across business units (e.g. marketing, sales, trade, finance) to document necessary business cases to frame opportunities, benefits, and risks to decide on a course of action
- Serve as the bridge between business problems and technology solutions by bringing a high proficiency to understand and capture complete business needs to enable IT solutions
- Manage business units relationships, expectations and stay current with stakeholder needs and strategies by developing a communication process utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (e.g. senior management, customers, technical staff)
- Cultivate strong business relationships by demonstrating an understanding of related processes, requirements, systems and terminology
- Liaison and collaborate between key stakeholders and IT shared services on support and maintenance related activities to ensure quality of systems
- Analyze an organization or business domain, documents the business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
- Drive identification of requirements across business units and identify systems processes through evaluation of business objectives, drivers, and success metrics
- Document business requirements and detailed functional and technical specifications from multi-department stakeholders for review and delivery to the development team using traditional waterfall model as well as develop epics, user stories, and their acceptance criteria for agile delivery
- Evaluate, analyze, and communicate systems requirements on a continuing basis, and maintain systems processes, including the delivery of regular status reports to all appropriate parties
- Participate in project delivery and process optimization to support the execution of projects using various project methodologies including performing configuration within a variety of software packages.
- Identify change management processes and techniques to handle change within a business with minimal disruption to business activities
- Develop test plans for given releases as well as execute system and integration test cases
- Maintain awareness of best practices including processes and technology and identify opportunities for improvement of existing functionality.
- Analyze and interpret information technology proposals and evaluate and develop alternative implementation plans
- Ability to take a topic of higher complexity and break it into topics that are digestible by technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Handle multiple engagements simultaneously without compromising accountability or reducing level of engagement
- Use existing or research new tools that improve the delivery of solutions to customers
- Provide guidance feedback to more junior analysts within the team to elevate their level of capabilities
- Recommend and work within the established service level agreements to ensure key performance indicators are met
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technical area
- Experience: 4+ years of experience in Information Systems or related area with proven experience as a business analyst
- Strong knowledge of marketing automation platforms (Marketo), Digital Asset Management (DAM) platforms (e.g. MediaBeacon, etc.), Content Management Systems (CMS) (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, etc.), Voice of the Customer (VOC), social listening, Business Process Mapping (BPM), customer journey mapping, and multiple processes including but not limited to digital marketing, customer relationship management, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in gathering and documenting requirements
- 2+ years of business process modeling experience preferred
- 2+ years of Marketo or equivalent experience required
- Computer skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to tell the "story." Experience communicating technical information to stakeholders, peers, management and non-technical team members. Experience communicating functional requirements to highly technical team members.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the team with a growth mindset propensity towards action and learning
- Ability to work independently and set priorities based on key milestones, impact to strategic initiatives and high-level direction of management
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously in a high-paced environment
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Marketo certification
- B2B and B2C digital marketing experience to conceptualize, design, and implement cross channel digital marketing campaigns (email, digital banners, outbound, social, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Jira, HP Quality Center, Remedy, ServiceNow
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
This job has expired.