Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information can be found at .
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the support and development of new and existing control systems used in the company's various coating processes. Develop, improve, and maintain preventive maintenance job tasks on manufacturing and facilities equipment. Execute moderately complex engineering projects and troubleshooting of equipment. Supply engineering support for project work from design to implementation in accordance with PST policies. Analyze trends and KPIs to make machine and equipment repairs and improvements. Assist maintenance personnel with troubleshooting/repairing difficult equipment breakdowns. Assist with training maintenance personnel with the electrical systems and components and PLC on all manufacturing equipment. Communicate and work with OEMs on machine issues and improvements. Assist with PLC programing and upgrades to improve machine reliability, product quality and equipment uptime. Develop and implement written procedures for routine maintenance tasks. Candidate has a sound Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanics Engineering skill set and maintains a thorough knowledge of new developments and technology.
- Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed equipment
- Provide control system support to maintenance and engineering
- Actively participate in electronic maintenance management system
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements
- Review trend data and assist with RCCA
- Monitor and maintain safe and efficient working equipment
- Work with maintenance team to solve complex issues
- Support in use equipment / software update
- Provide control system support during commissioning and startup phases of projects
- Develop electrical, design and schematic drawings in AutoCAD
- Research supplier products for assembly components
- Closely work with OEM to support equipment uptime
- Support and improve PLC and HMI applications based on given requirements and specifications
- Review, repair, and redesign legacy code
This position reports to the Engineering Manager. Some travel could be required both domestic and international.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive engineering experience required
- Proficiency in a CAD package required
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- Strong understanding of PLC and HMI programming is a requirement. Allen Bradley and Wonderware a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of Robotics. ABB programing is a plus.
- Experience with vacuum equipment is a plus
- Experience with coatings is a plus
Must have five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with all of the following: Technical capability, equipment and component knowledge, and practical experience with PLC Controls; High Voltage; Vacuum Technology; and Pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical power transmission; Understanding of the proper elements of a preventive/predictive maintenance program; Ability to read and understand CAD drawings and equipment diagrams; Coating related control system programming on multiple control platforms (Various PLCs, Window based PC, Robot Controllers, PanelView and other Dedicated Controllers) with multiple communication protocols (DeviceNet, Modbus, CIP, ICMP, ethernet) for process modification, and operation improvements and troubleshooting; Servo and step motor motion control programming and troubleshooting; Complicated data analysis skills to support maintenance, engineering and operation to find out the root causes of process, operation and equipment issues; and Apply thermodynamic and heat and mass transfer theory to analyze the condition of vacuum system by calculating the pressure, temperature and gas flow
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job has expired.