This is a remote opportunity
Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers - big and small, across industries and around the world - utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We're at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G - the next big waves in networking - and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you're hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
The mission and purpose of this role will be to help build, scale, manage and maintain a global connected experience for our Business Area for Enterprise Wireless Solutions (BEWS) employees through a strong communication strategy and events. The Sr. Director of Employee Communications & Events will be responsible for designing and implementing core connection strategies including worldwide events, campaigns, and technology. The Sr. Director will lead and collaborate with key partners and stakeholders as we launch employee experiences that enhance employee engagement, to ensure a strong sense of connection and access to enablement for all BEWS employees.
What Will You Do?
- Create integrated communications strategies across all BEWS employees globally to ensure we are connected, collaborative, and engaged - wherever we may work.
- Develop and evolve our story concerning important areas of purpose investments.
- Be an important partner, communications strategist and operator for business leaders within and outside of our Ericsson business unit including the People Team, Talent Management, DEI, and Compensation & Benefits.
- Build, manage and grow a team dedicated to enhancing and driving the way our BEWS employees stay connected and engaged.
- Support leadership and employee communications for purpose-related functions.
- Develop clear, ongoing narratives for purpose-focused areas of work, amplifying our overall company narrative and supported by proof points of the work motivated by relevant teams.
- Lead, drive, and execute all BEWS corporate events including our Global Leadership Forum, All Hands Onsites, and more.
- Establish a governance system for any employee communications platforms, with clarity on who, how, and when each platform will be used.
- Working with the key partners and stakeholders to develop a comprehensive enterprise employee communications strategy that engages employees and supports measurable business outcomes.
- Lead a cross-functional Employee Communications Network, and work with business functions/functional communications partners on consistent execution across business functions/functional communications teams.
- Partner with appropriate teams (which can include Employment Brand, Learning & Development, HRBPs) to develop and execute consistent in-person employee experiences, such as learning opportunities/seminars, events surrounding major corporate milestones, outside speakers etc.
- Support the launch of new strategies, tools and programs with a solid change management model and communications to help employees successfully adopt the changes.
- Provide strategic employee communications counsel to the Chief People Officer, Executive Team & Talent Leadership
- Architect and design core channels for employee communications using tactics such as; Senior Leadership Teams, management teams, departments and broad based employee programs, to drive consistent, high quality, and aligned communications cascading through the organization. Manage and enhance the mechanisms in the same vein, for gathering, assessing and responding to feedback and upwards insights from the organization.
- Responsible for collaborating with leadership across all teams and functions at various levels representing the People function in key communications.
- Act as a consultative resource to their peers and team members, helping the people function with well-crafted communications, event management, engagement and brand campaigns internally or for external talent acquisition consumption.
- 8+ years of business experience in relevant work or roles - this is a non-traditional HR role and while some HR specific expertise and experience is highly valued an exclusive HRBP background would not necessarily prepare the individual for the type of work needed in leading these programs. Some examples of these programs the individual may have previously worked on are:
- Being dedicated or focused on employee-centric communications and events (not broad based internal communications).
- Someone with extensive experience shaping employee communications aligned to programs such as referrals programs, employee recognition, enablement and training programs, merit and performance programs, culture and values, career and leadership journeys and events.
- Someone with a communications/branding/events background who has had deep exposure to employee engagement and relevant HR programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication, design, event management and program management skills.
- Has managed others and worked extensively with peer or senior level stakeholders - senior management or executives.
- Has worked to deliver data, reports and QBRs and led data analytics of engagement, attachment and participation data to prove and support that engagement programs have objective and measurable positive impact on overall employee experience, commitment and performance.
- Outstanding communicator and designer in all aspects of verbal and written communications.
- Highly creative but with a pragmatic focus on getting the right amount of activity done, to solve the most immediate high impact opportunities with employees
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don't meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don't want you to hold back! If you don't check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We'd love to connect and see how you could add to our team.Why Cradlepoint?
At Cradlepoint, we're one team - all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint values drive everything we do:
Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
Don't point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
Enjoy the ride: Celebrate - appreciate - grow.
Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary with a focus on a global market; Annual and Incremental Incentive plans; employee retirement plans (where available)
- Flexible Time Off with Global Holiday Schedules to promote work-life balance
- Wellness initiatives focused on the health and mental well-being of our team members and their families, including free membership to Headspace (a mindfulness and well-being app), an International Employee Assistance Program, and dedicated quarterly Well-being Days and No Internal Meeting Fridays.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligible to participate in customary health and other benefit plans and programs based on location
- Work from home opportunities across our global locations with a culture rooted in inclusion and teamwork
Cradlepoint's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees' differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.