At Kollmorgen, our mission is to be the best at solving the most demanding motion challenges through collaboration with our end users, customers, suppliers, innovation partners and each other. We are seeking to fill a Senior Electronics Component Engineer position located in Radford, VA or Santa Barbara, CA. This role is well suited for a person who is interested in working in a hands-on, team-oriented environment.
In this role, the candidate will work with electronics engineering, quality, supply chain, operations, product line managers, product compliance engineering, contract manufacturers, and component brokers to sustain and support the continued production of existing circuit board designs. The candidate will be responsible for component engineering tasks for servomotor drives and embedded motion controllers.
A qualified candidate should have a deep knowledge of electronics components and strong problem-solving abilities. Interest and willingness to work and contribute within a collaborative team are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lead activities to ensure the sustainability of existing product designs:
- Lead a cross-functional team on efforts to solve component issues on new and existing product designs.
- Own and manage the electronics component lifecycle for new and existing product designs
- Identify, qualify, perform, or coordinate testing and document alternate sources for components due to obsolescence, long lead times or cost reduction.
- Implement necessary Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs), Deviations, Product Change Notices (PCNs) and Supplier Change Requests (SCRs).
Collaborate with supply chain and quality, compliance, and design engineering teams:
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Work with design engineering to proactively identify risks with components in new designs. This can be done by reviewing BOMs and attending design reviews
- Work with supply chain and engineering to manage supply for obsolete and long lead time components (e.g., last time buys)
- Work with the quality team to qualify parts and review test reports from brokers in accordance with AS6081 to mitigate against counterfeit and non-compliant parts during supply chain shortages
- Manage first article inspection (FAI) approvals for key components.
- Work with the product environmental compliance (PEC) team to collect RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, and other compliance documentation on components
- Work with the product compliance teams on the impact and changes to UL and Agency documentation for component changes
- Support supply chain to qualify a new contract manufacturer or PCBA vendor for a product.
- Can independently perform component datasheet analysis and communicate meaningful results in a timely manner and in a clear written form.
- Thorough understanding of component parameters and key portions of component datasheets.
- Knowledge of the common manufacturers for key electronic components (including resistors, capacitors, memories, connectors, analog, and digital ICs)
- Good understanding of engineering documents (Product Specifications, Schematics, and PCB Layout)
- Proficient in Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Tools, MRP Systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP)
- Detailed Oriented: Works with high-level attention to detail
- Team Oriented: Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Drive for results: Proactively meets or exceeds goals successfully; is a self-starter
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: Uses logic and critical thinking to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; skilled in root cause analysis
- Communication: Has the confidence to effectively communicate and deliver tough messages with managers, peers, external customers, and suppliers.
- Mentoring: Mentoring and coaching skills
- Written communications: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Presentation skills: Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small, and large groups, with peers, direct reports, suppliers, and business leaders
Education and Experience Requirements
- Familiarity with solder rework, the use of oscilloscopes, and digital multi-meters
- Familiarity with requirements for Conflict Materials, RoHS, REACH, and SCIP Database
- Familiarity with UL, CE, CSA, TUV, and other agency certifications
- Familiarity with Lifecycle analysis tools (e.g. Silicon Expert)
- Familiarity with Engineering Change Documentation (ECOs, Deviations)
- Ability to update schematics or PCB layouts is a plus
- S. in Electrical Engineering or related field required
- 7+ years of related experience
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Occasional travel (both domestic & international) may be necessary (< 10%)
- Must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.