GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Linux environment software engineer for GFLIMS. GFLIMS (Global Foundries Laboratory Information System) is the Northeast Fab's single, unified analysis request system for tracking samples across labs. GFLIMS gives users control to request, input results, explore, analyze, and visualize lab data to accurately track and gain valuable business insights and make informed decisions based on captured results.
Responsibilities include enhancing, updating, and maintaining the LIMS software. Working on leading-edge technologies will provide an opportunity to develop new methodologies and business practices aimed at highly efficient and world-class Analysis operations. The engineer will work directly with the lab stakeholders supporting a Firefox/Chrome and Linux based web application with a Java backend and an Oracle database for sample tracking and reporting.
The assignment would involve getting exposure to the failure analysis and chemical labs, daily work flows and analysis requirements. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn about advanced semiconductor manufacturing processes, advanced technology trends, and analysis of samples and data.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain & update current code and create new features brought forward from lab stakeholders in the GF Feature Request meetings.
- Support the application running in the Linux environment using Tomcat & Apache HTTP.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as GIT and build, test and deploy with Jenkins.
- Use of JUnit for writing test cases and Maven for code repositories.
- Collaborate with the lab stakeholders to define the specifications for their requests and recommend alternative approaches.
- Update and maintain documentation for the new requests
- Ensure the application is available at the 8x5 level.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education (BS in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent Engineering)
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Must be a US Citizen
- Proficient in Java 8+ development
- Proficient with using SQL to query relational databases
- Familiar with Java web libraries like Spring MVC, Thymeleaf, and JSP
- Familiar with basic Linux administrative tasks (restarting services, filesystem management, etc)
- Familiar with basic CI/CD (Jenkins, Git, jUnit)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.