What is Tyson Technology?
The IT Team at Tyson Foods is building the technology of the future. We're transforming an 85-year-old company into the most modern food company in the world. We're developing technologies that are used in our offices, they're used in our plants, in our farms, they're used everywhere. We're building technologies that are changing the way this company works. Everything from machine learning to artificial intelligence to utilizing cutting edge tech like drones, that will help drive our business forward. At Tyson Foods we're driving world class technology to revolutionize a world class company.
What is the IT Trade, Sales Order Management and Pricing Team?
We partner with our business teams to focus on defining problems and designing creative solutions to solve them. We are constantly striving to act as change agents to drive digital transformation in our business processes and culture. We explore new cutting-edge technologies that enable our team to work more safely, efficiently, and effectively. If you are an eager learner and passionate about how software and technology transform process, this is the right team for you!
Do I have the skills?
The ideal candidate will need to be able to effectively communicate business requirements to IT Architecture and Technical Analysts to find solutions to fit needed business outcomes. They will work cross-functionally and help drive key strategic initiatives occurring to transform our existing applications to better enable business decision making. They must be capable of driving outcome-based conversations at every level of the organization and work in multi-functional efforts to drive successful technology facilitation. They must be able to understand stated business requirements so they can effectively plan and estimate resource needs to deliver solutions.
An analyst is expected to participate in various activities throughout the systems development lifecycle. The primary role of the analyst will be to closely align with business stakeholders to elicit, analyze and document customer needs into well-organized business requirements that technical individuals can comprehend.
Further responsibilities will include developing and maintaining professional and technical knowledge of the area(s) assigned, including a consistent focus on emerging and predominant technologies that enable the assigned area.
- Drive identification of requirements across business units and identify systems processes through evaluation of business objectives, drivers, and success metrics.
- Drive business requirement discussions resulting in documentation and resource skillset / task estimation.
- Document necessary business cases to frame opportunities, benefits, and risks to decide on a course of action.
- Document business requirements and detailed functional specifications from multi-department stakeholders for review and delivery to the development team using traditional waterfall model as well as develop epics, user stories, and their acceptance criteria for agile delivery.
- Cultivate strong business relationships by demonstrating an understanding of related processes, requirements, systems, and terminology.
- Ability to work in matrixed / cross-functional organization which also includes external vendor partners.
- Participate in project delivery and process optimization to support the execution of projects using various project methodologies including performing configuration within a variety of software packages.
- Develop test plans for given releases as well as execute system and integration test cases.
- Maintain awareness of best practices including processes and technology and identify opportunities for improvement of existing functionality.
- Analyze and interpret information technology proposals and evaluate and develop alternative implementation plans.
- Ability to take a topic of higher complexity and break it into topics that are digestible by technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Handle multiple engagements simultaneously without compromising accountability or reducing level of engagement.
- Use existing or research new tools that improve the delivery of solutions to customers.
- Provide guidance feedback to more junior analysts within the team to elevate their level of capabilities.
- Recommend and work within the established service level agreements to ensure key performance indicators are me.
- Document and maintain support procedures and information as needed to maintain a positive support level.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical area. Equivalent work experience may be acceptable.Experience:
4+ years of experience in Information Systems or related area with proven experience as a business analyst. SAP Order Management experience a plus.
Computer Skills: Advanced general computer skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of JIRA, HP Quality Center a plus.Computer Skills:
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of JIRA, HP Quality Center and Remedy is a plus.Communication Skills:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to tell the "story." Experience communicating technical information to stakeholders, peers, management, and non-technical team members. Experience communicating functional requirements to highly technical team members. Must be able to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment and mentor less senior, less experienced team members.Supervisory:
Some travel may be required. Amount of travel will be determined by individual project requirements.Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.