This is a remote opportunity
Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers - big and small, across industries and around the world - utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We're at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G - the next big waves in networking - and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you're hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
Cradlepoint's R&D Data team is building next level of intelligence around connectivity and is looking for a highly skilled ML(Machine Learning) engineer. In this role, you will research, design, implement, benchmark, and optimize ML algorithms for ambitious real-world problems around networking and connectivity. You will work with a group of high-performing engineers who design, implement, and support end-to-end SaaS solutions that enable you with the training data which you then leverage to build scalable ML pipelines in production systems.
What Will You Do?
- Curate large, distributed data sets
- Research, identify and build the optimal ML algorithms and fine-tune them for a given use-case
- Design ML pipeline optimized for the available data
- Build APIs to expose functionality to micro-services
- Build business logic that uses the model to solve a problem
- Build operational infrastructure/ML Pipeline for model training, evaluation, deployment, troubleshooting and maintenance in production systems
- Optimize and tune the pipeline for scalability and reliability
- BS, MS or PhD in machine learning, computer science, computer engineering or 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Expert knowledge of the principles, algorithms, and tools of deep learning, including models, training strategies, training dataset building, cost functions, quality metrics, etc.
- Extensive experience in ML model analysis, optimization, tuning, deploying and maintaining large-scale machine learning systems in production
- Deep understanding of the latest developments of ML systems, techniques, open-source and cloud offerings. Experience with AWS ML tech stack is a plus
- Experience in one of the frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch, or SageMaker
- Experience in Python
- Self-starter with history of innovative approaches to difficult problems
- Experience with SaaS development processes (CI/CD, deployments, etc.) is a great plus
- Knowledge of Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
- Exposure to enterprise device management, routing, networking and connectivity use cases is a plus
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don't meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don't want you to hold back! If you don't check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We'd love to connect and see how you could add to our team.Why Cradlepoint?
At Cradlepoint, we're one team - all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint values drive everything we do:
Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
Don't point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
Enjoy the ride: Celebrate - appreciate - grow.
Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary with a focus on a global market; Annual and Incremental Incentive plans; 401K retirement plans (where available)
- Flexible Time Off with Global Holiday Schedules to promote work-life balance
- Wellness initiatives focused on the health and mental well-being of our team members and their families, including free membership to Headspace (a mindfulness and well-being app), an International Employee Assistance Program, and dedicated quarterly Well-being Days and No Internal Meeting Fridays.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligible to participate in customary health and other benefit plans and programs based on location
- Work from home opportunities across our global locations with a culture rooted in inclusion and teamwork
Cradlepoint's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees' differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.