In this role, the Supervisor, Quality Strategic Operations will be responsible for leading cross functional teams in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives and support Commercial Quality Assurance at Norwood. The role will specifically focus on management of projects requiring support from Internal Commercial Quality Assurance teams. This individual will develop strong organizational strategy within Quality Assurance to Increase visibility of project streams across the QA Organization to proactively allocate QA resources, reduce delays due to unplanned work, provide oversight of project status and timelines to QA leadership, and maintain effective communication of risks associated with projects. For projects specific to Quality Assurance, the individual will work with project sponsors to develop timelines and governance, lead some project teams, and support the Sponsors in project planning and execution to timeline. They will work directly with stakeholders to ensure deliverable remain on track, measure performance using appropriate project management tools, and report and escalate to management as needed.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Support and maintain a project dashboard within Quality Assurance to provide oversight of projects requiring QA resources
- Analyze incoming projects and work within team to identify leaders
- Assist in coordinating interdependencies across functional groups
- Interpret project timelines owned by multiple departments and project managers into a meaningful set of data that includes QA resource requirements and timelines of resources needed
- Establish, and lead cross-functional project teams to implement projects within QA
- Create and maintain detailed project plans to ensure clarity of deliverables and timing of projects within QA
- Support preparation of meeting content as needed and attend project meetings to represent QA
- Establish recurring forum with Key Managers to review dashboard and escalate project risks and delays
- Additional duties as may be assigned from time to time
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- At least six years of pharmaceutical or related work experience with emphasis on current Good Manufacturing Practices including: QA, QC, Validation, Test Methods, Manufacturing, and process engineering. Experience in multiple departments preferred (e.g., Manufacturing/Quality Assurance/Quality Control). A minimum of 1 year leading teams is preferred.
- BS/BA Degree in science field, e.g., Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, etc.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- Strong knowledge of project management tools/software, and digital solutions
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.