Under general guidance of the Senior Manager, Finance Shared Services, this position will primarily be responsible for the period end close process for various business units. This includes preparing and posting journal entries, reviewing and analyzing balance sheet accounts, completing account reconciliations, preparing reports, and various other general ledger activities. This position will also analyze, compile and distribute weekly/monthly reporting packages while assisting business unit Controllers and other Finance Shared Services staff as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Support for the strategic direction and execution of G/L accounting processes related to accurate and timely recording and reporting of financial information and analysis of both internal and external reporting, in accordance with Altra Industrial Motion's corporate accounting policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and other relevant statutory, governmental or professional guidelines.
- Contribute to the general ledger month-end close, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, consolidation activities, intercompany balancing, as well as, presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis for multiple companies.
- Prepare and analyze monthly account reconciliations. Ensure documentation approved and appropriately maintained with supporting documentation in accordance with Corporate Accounting Policies, U.S. GAAP and/or other relevant statutory, governmental, and professional guidelines.
- Upload/enter and post standard journal entries to the general ledger.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset administration including but not limited to capitalizations, disposals and transfers for various business units
- Prepares and analyzes monthly and quarterly accruals and records journal entries as needed.
- Partner with plant locations, as well as, others in the shared services departments to ensure GL activity is accurate.
- Load month-end trial balances and supplemental schedules to Tagetik.
- Support the intercompany balancing process.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to adapt to change and navigate through ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment. Strong ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, efficiencies, and results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage workload effectively with conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, and focused on accuracy. Must possess excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Must be a team player
- Must be a team player with a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Takes initiative on identifying continuous improvement projects
- The employee must maintain a flexible work schedule as needed during periods of high workload such as month-end close.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required;B.S. in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Previous experience in accounting, finance or related field preferred, but not necessary.
- ERP experience preferred, especially major systems such as SAP, Oracle, or JD Edwards.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.