American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Staff Accountant I is responsible for reconciling bank accounts on a daily basis, proactively identifying reconciling items, and effectively communicating to management or respective departments to ensure timely resolution. The position will also provide backup support for other Treasury staff.
- Performs bank reconciliation activities for bank accounts on a daily and monthly basis. Communicates reconciliation items as identified to respective departments.
- Follows up on all reconciling items in an expeditious manner to final resolution.
- Ensures that monthly bank reconciliations are saved and submitted for review on a timely basis to management.
- Reviews bank activity download information. Sends information to Las Vegas Resident Operations Department regarding NSF checks and/or returned items for documentation and follow up purposes.
- Performs review of misapplied funds report from Las Vegas Resident Operations department for accuracy. Documents findings and reports to management.
- Performs review of bank accounts and determines if any manual journal entries are needed. Prepares journal entries, as required, to eliminate bank reconciliation items.
- Monitors payment dashboard and notifies management of any exceptions or errors.
- Maps newly acquired properties with appropriate set of bank accounts.
- Completes monthly Bank vs. GL analysis and identifies all variances by the established deadline.
- Assist with annual, interim, and roll-forward audit requests as delegated by management.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and special projects.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field required
- 1 - 3 years of experience in accounting, finance, treasury, or closely related roles
- General knowledge of accounting principles and basic understanding of ledger accounts
- Experience using Yardi property management software preferred but not required
- Experience working in real estate industry is a plus but not required
- Ability to work with high volume of data
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Ability to organize work independently and consistently meet deadlines
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Basic Excel skills
- Willingness to assist others
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Positive attitude and ability to foster strong inter-departmental working relationships
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords:
Staff accountant, treasury, accounting, finance, business, economics, ledger accounts, reconciliation, analytics, real estate
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy#LI-JA1