The Subrogation Adjuster III is responsible for prompt and independent review of subrogation claims through effective coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation, negotiation and interaction with insureds, claimants, adverse parties and counsel. The Adjuster III is often assigned to mid-size or mid complexity claims in the Line of Business across multiple jurisdictions. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust's mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust and Claims organization.
- Investigates the claim or coverage by making timely and appropriate contact with involved or interested parties including but not limited to the insured or employer representatives, claimant or injured party, witnesses, producers and adverse parties.
- Documents strategy, action plan, and summary of correspondence in a clear, succinct and fact-based manner
- Verifies liability and negligence scenario for the jurisdiction. Reviews issues and scenarios are needed with some supervisor guidance. Typically utilizes standardized language to draft positions if needed.
- Notifies all potential parties, legal representative and insurance companies of our subrogation interest.
- Ensures quality and timeline service is provided to all internal and external customers, whether directly or indirectly.
- While working with internal or assigned Legal Counsel, will build strong relationships, and apply company principles and standards
- Effectively negotiates and resolves litigated and non-litigated subrogation claims, and leverages relationships to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Gains trust of other parties to negotiations and demonstrates good sense of timing.
- Manages and controls loss adjustment expenses
- Builds and leverages critical thinking and decision-making skills to gather, assess, analyze, question, verify, interpret and understand key or root issues.
- Manages time and diary entries effective and efficiently, prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Escalates claims decisions regarding settlement determination when appropriate to management.
- Performs other functional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years claims handling experience
- State licensure as required
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office suites
- Demonstrated skills in investigation, evaluation and negotiation
- Strong knowledge of insurance theory and practices
- Multi-jurisdictional exposure preferred
- Ability to obtain licensure as required
- Some ability to travel may be required
Unique Minimum Qualifications:
- Active participant in special projects
- Recognizes claim trends and provides feedback
- Shows the ability to write effective contentions for Arbitration
- Sound technical experience with negotiations and investigations.
- Candidate should have working knowledge of commercial general liability, commercial automobile, property and/or Workers' Compensation insurance coverages.
- Ability to review and interpret contracts, legal documents, and medical records
- Knowledge of jurisdictional statutes
- Sound customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with many different parties
- Knowledge of claim procedures, policies, state and federal laws and insurance regulations
- Experience with litigation, mediation and arbitration
- Sound negotiation skills and coordination of insurance collaboration with multiple shared carriers, counsel and excess carriers.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time. What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.