Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Advise Sales team on issues related to ownership contracts (e.g., titles, financing, pre-approval). Process contracts accurately by entering information into appropriate system. Ensure that signed contract paper work is accurate and complete. Identify available inventory based on potential owners' needs and preferences (view, season, first-year occupancy). Respond to Sales team requests related to contract status, such as additional information required, follow-up needed, or tracking. Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information (e.g., commissions, leads, third parties) in software involved in the sales process. Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders). Prepare reports as requested by Sales managers. Perform general office duties (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, faxing, and copying).
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address owners' service needs. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Enter and locate work-related information using computers. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Listen to hourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
- Assist management in preparing work schedules of hourly employees.
- Assist management in counseling hourly employees on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
- Serve as hourly employees' first point of contact as part of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Develop and implement quality improvement or corrective action plans.
Reports and Documentation
- Advise Sales team on issues related to ownership contracts (e.g., titles, financing, pre-approval).
- Process contracts accurately by entering information into appropriate system (e.g., Universe/Unifipro).
- Ensure that signed contract paper work is accurate and contains all necessary information and documentation.
- Identify available inventory based on potential owners' needs and preferences (view, season, first-year occupancy) by checking information in appropriate software (e.g., SOLAR).
- Respond to Sales team requests related to contract status, such as additional information required, follow-up needed, or tracking.
- Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders).
- Transmit information or documents using mail, scanner, or facsimile machine.
- Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, typewriter, scanner, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
- Keep office equipment in working order and contact service representatives to correct problems with office equipment, including following-up so that problem is corrected.
- Maintain office areas (e.g., cubicles, storerooms, conference rooms, etc.), including calling housekeeping and maintenance when needed.
- Use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information
- Enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse or trackball.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
Working with Others
- Monitor and respond to inbound customer, client, and property communications via email, voice mail, etc. in a timely manner
- Speak to customers and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to maintain accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Policies and Procedures
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIESAnalytical Skills
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of customers and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Arithmetic Computation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Applied Reading
- English Language Proficiency
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Positive Demeanor
Administration PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- Detail Orientation
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalentRelated Work Experience
At least 1 year of related work experienceSupervisory Experience
At least 2 years of supervisory experienceCertification
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture