Supervisor - Kohler Power Systems
Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Kohler, WI
Under the direction of the Sr Staff Engineer -KPS, this position will be responsible for supervising, directing, coordinating and maintaining the efficient operation of the generator plant on 2nd shift and is responsible for Metal Fabrication, Electronic Component Assembly, Maintenance and Material Control personnel. This position requires a minimum of 45 hours per week with scheduled overtime during a standard 5-day work week as well as weekends when required.
- Conduct monthly safety training for all areas of responsibility and ensure operators are working safely as well as wearing all required personal protective equipment. Report, investigate and follow through on all safety issues in their assigned area.
- Monitor product quality and work with production associates to make on-the-spot decisions regarding what is conforming/non-conforming product and coordinate rework as necessary.
- Schedule the workforce and set the expectations while monitoring work in process to ensure on-time delivery of product to customers.
- Monitor performance of and implement corrective action for equipment, process and personnel downtime.
- Hold union associates accountable to previously set performance/quality standards.
- Verify and maintain all payroll records for the assigned area.
- Training and development of skilled operators.
- Resolution of any union grievances with the assistance of other Foremen and your Supervisor.
- Manage a union workforce that has transitioned from incentive pay to measured day-work and increase productivity.
- With the assistance of manufacturing engineering support, implement improvement projects to increase productivity to strive for productivity that matches gross capacity of the equipment.
- Operate waste treatment process with the assistance of the lead waste treatment operator.
- Procure basic hand tools and hooks/springs for use throughout metal fabrication.
- Processing receiving and shipping paperwork for previously scheduled shipments and deliveries.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Supervisory Relationships:
Reports to Sr Staff Engineer, KPS
- Organization Relationships:
- Frequent contact with union associates.
- Frequent contact with Quality Control Personnel to assure conformance to specification.
- Frequent contact with Materials Personnel and Scheduling to review status of work in process, schedules, revisions, etc.
- Frequent contact with manufacturing Engineering to coordinate, review, and implement, tool, method, and operation revisions.
- Frequent contact with Maintenance personnel to assure equipment maintenance and repair.
- Frequent contact with CAM (machine programming group) to communicate necessary changes to improve efficiency.
- Frequent contact with other foremen to ensure shift to shift consistency.
- Moderate contact with personnel Department for requisition of employees, disciplinary actions, etc.
External Business Relationships:
- Moderate contact with vendors and equipment representatives.
- Experience in a managerial role along with good technical aptitude is required.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to understand and learn programs quickly is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and leadership skills are required.
- Ability to manage diverse teams in a fast paced environment is required.
- Ability to understand complex systems and processes to make decisions as necessary to manage the process is required.
- Experience in a previous supervisory role over a metal fabrication operation is desirable.
- A Technical, Associates or Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Operations Management, Engineering or a related field is desirable.
- Understanding of SAP and Workbrain production control systems is desirable.
- Training as a first responder is desirable.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .