Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
If you enjoy leading a team of highly effective individuals in a fast-paced and high energy work environment then you will thrive as the Production Supervisor at our Jackson, GA production facility. The Production Supervisor will have a considerable impact on the plant's overall performance and customer relations of the company.
In this role you will:
- Supervise a workforce comprised of 20-30 hourly full-time, and up to 30 seasonal and temporary associates in a multishift operation, performing activities in one or more of the following areas: production, equipment maintenance, building and grounds maintenance, warehouse, distribution, and/or field operations.
- Assign work and monitors progress, orients and trains associates,
interviews and recommends hiring of applicants, evaluates associate
work performance, counsels associates and/or implements disciplinary
action, and establishes associate work schedules.
- Execute and enforce government, company and/or plant laws, procedures,
- Ensuring quality and quantity standards are achieved in a cost effective and efficient manner along with the availability of materials and supplies; problem solving quickly when things do not go according to plan.
- Communicate, implement and monitor company provided safety programs and procedures.
- Foster a team environment and ensuring positive associate relations to
maintain a union-free environment.
- Prepare and/or maintain various logs, records and reports, such as
production, maintenance, inventory, etc.; may purchase supplies, parts
and/or equipment; may assist in developing and monitoring the budget.
- Get your hands dirty by operating equipment side-by-side with your
- Assist other supervisors and/or Plant Manager in directing the overall
operation of the plant, performing special projects as needed.
- Plant productivity, including involvement in goal setting for the
plant, and execution of plant production goals.
The perfect person will have:
- B.S. degree in engineering (highly preferred), business management, operations management, supply chain management or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years overall manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a supervisory or lead role is highly desired,
specifically experience in associate development and safety.
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas is
required: manufacturing, distribution, raw materials purchasing,
inventory planning controls management, sales and customer service.
Some other nice features to have's:
- Working knowledge of all facets of manufacturing including continuous improvement, team building, safety, associate relations, quality, and customer service.
- Good oral and written communication skills and strong leadership skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast paced
environment and the ability to manage, motivate and train others to
achieve required goals.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Ability to be bilingual in Spanish/English.
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.